+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC PR Thread [PNP -> Paper Based Application]

hferrari

Feb 22, 2018
Hey guys,

I got the AOR in 09/2017 and in 02/2018 I received the pre-arrival letter, and I'm also inland, is that common to receive that before MR or interview?
As I was reading the previous posts/timeline after this letter they already request the passport.

What's the step this letter at?

Thanks.

Last edited:

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
Hey guys,

I got the AOR in 09/2017 and in 02/2018 I received the pre-arrival letter, and I'm also inland, is that common to receive that before MR or interview?
As I was reading the previous posts/timeline after this letter they already request the passport.

Thanks.
I've also received the pre-arrival letter on Feb 14 and I'm also inland. I'm hoping it's a positive sign.

lileka

Sep 20, 2017
Interesting. Thanks and Congratulation! It shows that your application is advancing
thank you! I'm hoping it is. It's really almost unbearable to see it at the latest stages and wondering when will i get the precious PPR :)

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hey guys,

Thanks.
I wonder if this relates to all the news surrounding the MR and the inadmissible people because of high medical costs. The last I read in the news is that the immigration minister Ahmed Hussen is going to announce changes in April.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/immigration-hussen-medical-inadmissibility-1.4537076

I suppose medicals will still exist, based on his comments on protection of the health care system. Perhaps it is on hold until the announcement April 12th or until clear internally.

andersniet

Jan 12, 2018
I wonder if this relates to all the news surrounding the MR and the inadmissible people because of high medical costs. The last I read in the news is that the immigration minister Ahmed Hussen is going to announce changes in April.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/immigration-hussen-medical-inadmissibility-1.4537076

I suppose medicals will still exist, based on his comments on protection of the health care system. Perhaps it is on hold until the announcement April 12th or until clear internally.
Was thinking the same here.

PRplz

Feb 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
AOR Received.
28-09-2017
Med's Request
26-06-2018
Is pre-arrival letter the mandatory thing now? I have not heard about that letter from the previous time line, however, I found many people are talking about the letter recently.

I am in-land & paper-based applicants. There is no update since I received my AOR in Sep, 2017.