+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC PR Thread [PNP -> Paper Based Application]

aircanada

May 27, 2014
There isn't an active thread talking about what happens after you received your provincial nomination and discussing the paper based application process to CIC. All threads are about applying via the Express Entry system.

I have recently received my provincial nomination from Ontario, within the Masters degree (no job offer needed) stream.

The timeline in CIC's website has been standing at 15 months for a while now. Is this accurate or should we prepare for longer?

How long does it take to receive an AOR from CIC for paper-based applications? I assume they have a massive backlog right now.

Any other discussion, comments, and tips are highly appreciated :)

alxbux

Jan 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: CIC PR Thread [PNP - Paper Based Application]

aircanada said:
There isn't an active thread talking about what happens after you received your provincial nomination and discussing the paper based application process to CIC. All threads are about applying via the Express Entry system.

I have recently received my provincial nomination from Ontario, within the Masters degree (no job offer needed) stream.

The timeline in CIC's website has been standing at 15 months for a while now. Is this accurate or should we prepare for longer?

How long does it take to receive an AOR from CIC for paper-based applications? I assume they have a massive backlog right now.

Any other discussion, comments, and tips are highly appreciated :)
The CIC takes 3 months to send AOR for paper based PNP applicants. 15 months is an average time, however few VOs like Manila are quicker they process in 6 months

saskapr2015

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017 submitted on 14-02-2017
Nomination.....
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
09-10-2015 (CIC File)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No mail
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017 Medical passed 12-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-09-2017(did soft landing, yet to make permanent move)

hi
i have been waiting for the medical request for almost 9 months after AOR. 11 months gone since Application sent. Dont know what the Abu Dhabi Visa Office is upto. Although i have seen some cases being processed within 5-6 months of submission(same Visa Office).
Let's see how much more wait is still there for my application.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018

saskapr2015 said:
hi
i have been waiting for the medical request for almost 9 months after AOR. 11 months gone since Application sent. Dont know what the Abu Dhabi Visa Office is upto. Although i have seen some cases being processed within 5-6 months of submission(same Visa Office).
If you can happily afford, why don't hire an Immigration Lawyer of Canada. I think this is the final way.

aircanada

May 27, 2014

alxbux said:
The CIC takes 3 months to send AOR for paper based PNP applicants. 15 months is an average time, however few VOs like Manila are quicker they process in 6 months
Thanks for the reply. Based on what my friends have recently gone through, 3 months for AOR sounds accurate.

I don't get the Manila VO relevance though. All applications in this stream are mailed to Sydney, Nova Scotia: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp
Are you talking about something different?

Mail your application to CIC
Mail your application and your fee payment form or receipt for paying online to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada):

Regular mail:

Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Provincial Nominee Program
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 1450
Sydney, NS B1P 6K5
Canada

jef0607

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Gen. Trias Cavite
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2015
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
14-04-2016
Med's Done....
20-04-2016
Interview........
not applicable
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2016
LANDED..........
08-08-2016

aircanada said:
Thanks for the reply. Based on what my friends have recently gone through, 3 months for AOR sounds accurate.

I don't get the Manila VO relevance though. All applications in this stream are mailed to Sydney, Nova Scotia: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp
Are you talking about something different?
Hi, All documents needed for your PNP PR application (paper based) will be sent to Nova Scotia mailing address and will be processed first. Once the CIO accepts your application as complete they will send you a file number and tell you your next steps, including which Canadian visa office will process your application. They will transfer your files to your visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year. So if you're residing in the Philippines, your visa office will be in manila VO. They will advise you when you and your dependents will have your medical exam

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer

saskapr2015 said:
hi

are you sure sometin is not wrong somewhere, are you sure your email is functioning well, CIC said they will process and issue visa maximum of 15 months starting from the day they recieved your application, are u checking you emails very well, are you also using the search buton and search for CIC in you emails, now u have 15 months, 11 months gone, now dont sit down there and be hoping, u have to do someting, now first, try and find applicants with this your timeline here, abu dabi applicants that got AOR thesame time with you and try to confirm there own application,

2 mail CIC in respect of you UCI number and explain to them the situation, mail abudabi visa office too the same message, they will respond within 7 working days

alxbux

Jan 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

saskapr2015 said:
hi
Hello saskapr2015,
You are not alone; many applicants, both Inland and Outland, are waiting for MR. Be patient my friend.
=>When did you receive your AOR?
=>Have you think about ordering GCMS notes? if not, go for that to know where you application is now.

Cheers

azure04

Jan 16, 2016

Hi
Oct 8, 2015 applicant
AOR Jan 22, 2016
Reminder Letter May 20, 2016
No MR yet

aircanada

May 27, 2014

jef0607 said:
Hi, All documents needed for your PNP PR application (paper based) will be sent to Nova Scotia mailing address and will be processed first. Once the CIO accepts your application as complete they will send you a file number and tell you your next steps, including which Canadian visa office will process your application. They will transfer your files to your visa office that serves your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least one year. So if you're residing in the Philippines, your visa office will be in manila VO. They will advise you when you and your dependents will have your medical exam
That's very useful information. Thank you and +1.

aircanada

May 27, 2014

azure04 said:
Hi
Oct 8, 2015 applicant
AOR Jan 22, 2016
Reminder Letter May 20, 2016
No MR yet
What's a 'Reminder Letter'? Is that a letter you sent to inquire status or do they send you this to remind you something?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017

aircanada said:
What's a 'Reminder Letter'? Is that a letter you sent to inquire status or do they send you this to remind you something?
It's a generic reminder that reminds you to send in PCC, RPRF and Update Sch A

pandaninja69

Nov 7, 2014
I'm in the same boat as the OP (provincial nomination from Ontario, masters stream with no job offer), and applied with a paper based application in Sydney, Nova Scotia. My application status is currently "In Progress", and this the summary from the CIC application status page:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 26, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 6, 2016.
We started processing your application on April 7, 2016.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
pandaninja69 said:
I'm in the same boat as the OP (provincial nomination from Ontario, masters stream with no job offer), and applied with a paper based application in Sydney, Nova Scotia. My application status is currently "In Progress", and this the summary from the CIC application status page:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 26, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 6, 2016.
We started processing your application on April 7, 2016.
Thanks for the information. Are you also applying via Express Entry?

saskapr2015

Jul 20, 2015
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
08-02-2017 submitted on 14-02-2017
Nomination.....
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
09-10-2015 (CIC File)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No mail
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017 Medical passed 12-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-09-2017(did soft landing, yet to make permanent move)

Ayokunlex01 said:
are you sure sometin is not wrong somewhere, are you sure your email is functioning well, CIC said they will process and issue visa maximum of 15 months starting from the day they recieved your application, are u checking you emails very well, are you also using the search buton and search for CIC in you emails, now u have 15 months, 11 months gone, now dont sit down there and be hoping, u have to do someting, now first, try and find applicants with this your timeline here, abu dabi applicants that got AOR thesame time with you and try to confirm there own application,

2 mail CIC in respect of you UCI number and explain to them the situation, mail abudabi visa office too the same message, they will respond within 7 working days
Hey thanks for your suggestions Ayokunlex01.
Actually I am very regular in checking the emails and spam folders too. But nothing good showing up. My ecas is working fine but there also no progress after AOR update. There are some more applicants in other threads having the same timeline and still waiting.
I had raised the GCMS notes too in April. But they also didn't show any processing started as if then.
Someone suggested to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer. You hv any idea if it is going to help at this point of time in any ways.
Well mailing the CIC and ADVO might be a given a chance but don't think they will speed up the process with that