+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC PR Thread [PNP -> Paper Based Application]

al4him

Oct 5, 2016
I already posted this in whatsapp group, but I have a legitimate question.

Given that EE applicants get processed within 6 months, I think we do have a reason to sign a petition. Why not provide equal opportunities for everybody to apply via EE and get processed within 6 months. Why our applications are not valid for EE application after all? 17 months (according to cic) vs 6 months is quite a big difference in processing time.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018

Given that EE applicants get processed within 6 months, I think we do have a reason to sign a petition. Why not provide equal opportunities for everybody to apply via EE and get processed within 6 months. Why our applications are not valid for EE application after all? 17 months (according to cic) vs 6 months is quite a big difference in processing time.
Sorry to break this, but several attempts have been made to escalate the issue with prolonged timeframes by signing numerous petitions and such. However, CIC operates on their own terms and no matter what we say or do, they work by their set guidelines and operating standards. The question you raise is dilemma for everyone here and despite that being a fact, there is nothing anyone can do besides complaining.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Once you've linked your paper application to your GC key do you need to electronically sign your application in this section?

"Your Declaration and Electronic Signature"

Any ideas folks?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayokunlex01

Rajiv Dhar

Apr 9, 2017
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
25-12-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
File Transfer...
25-08-2017
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Once you've linked your paper application to your GC key do you need to electronically sign your application in this section?

"Your Declaration and Electronic Signature"

Any ideas folks?
No need.

Reactions: Beltex

Supercanadian

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2017
Nomination.....
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Pre-arrival e-mail: 28-05-2018
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
Done 16-07-2018. Passed 18-07-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019

If you meet the requirements for EE, why not apply through EE? Nobody forced anybody to submit a paper-based PNP application. Some of you need to stop expressing this sense of entitlement. CIC does NOT owe you or anybody on this forum - the application guidelines are clear and free for everyone to access. If you have a CLB of at least 7 in all four language skills, skilled work experience/educational qualifications, and meet the age & points requirements, then by all means apply through EE. If not, then keep calm, be patient and wait for 17 months. Your approval for PR is at the discretion of CIC and you signed your application prior to submission confirming that you understood and would abide by the processing rules and by the outcome of the processing. Why would you now want to sign a petition asking essentially for the rules to be changed in the middle of the game? There's a reason EE applications are fast-tracked - those who meet EE requirements have been adjudged by CIC to have the potential to make the most contribution to the growth of the Canadian economy. That's why it's a highly skilled program. The paper-based PNP program on the other hand is also under the Economic stream but usually (not always) includes people who can't contribute as much as EE applicants to the Canadian economy.

Oh by the way, I applied through a PNP paper-based system...and I am at Month #1 post-AOR. 16 more months to go.

Reactions: MoKs

Supercanadian

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2017
Nomination.....
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Pre-arrival e-mail: 28-05-2018
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
Done 16-07-2018. Passed 18-07-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Sorry to break this, but several attempts have been made to escalate the issue with prolonged timeframes by signing numerous petitions and such. However, CIC operates on their own terms and no matter what we say or do, they work by their set guidelines and operating standards. The question you raise is dilemma for everyone here and despite that being a fact, there is nothing anyone can do besides complaining.
Not surprised to see that "signing numerous petitions" has yielded no result. It shouldn't.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
If you meet the requirements for EE, why not apply through EE? Nobody forced anybody to submit a paper-based PNP application. Some of you need to stop expressing this sense of entitlement. CIC does NOT owe you or anybody on this forum - the application guidelines are clear and free for everyone to access. If you have a CLB of at least 7 in all four language skills, skilled work experience/educational qualifications, and meet the age & points requirements, then by all means apply through EE. If not, then keep calm, be patient and wait for 17 months. Your approval for PR is at the discretion of CIC and you signed your application prior to submission confirming that you understood and would abide by the processing rules and by the outcome of the processing. Why would you now want to sign a petition asking essentially for the rules to be changed in the middle of the game? There's a reason EE applications are fast-tracked - those who meet EE requirements have been adjudged by CIC to have the potential to make the most contribution to the growth of the Canadian economy. That's why it's a highly skilled program. The paper-based PNP program on the other hand is also under the Economic stream but usually (not always) includes people who can't contribute as much as EE applicants to the Canadian economy.

Oh by the way, I applied through a PNP paper-based system...and I am at Month #1 post-AOR. 16 more months to go.

This judgmental attitude does not help anybody. We are entirely within our rights to demand better treatment. CIC owes us fair and timely processing, considering the fees we pay. While getting PR status is a privilege and not a right, rules should apply fairly and consistently to everybody.
I lived in Canada long enough to know that change for the better does not happen unless people demand it. If anyone feels like they have not been treated fairly, they should go to their MP, hire a lawyer, file petitions, or anything else they can come up with. This is the only way to make the issue known and possibly addressed.

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
This judgmental attitude does not help anybody. We are entirely within our rights to demand better treatment. CIC owes us fair and timely processing, considering the fees we pay. While getting PR status is a privilege and not a right, rules should apply fairly and consistently to everybody.
I lived in Canada long enough to know that change for the better does not happen unless people demand it. If anyone feels like they have not been treated fairly, they should go to their MP, hire a lawyer, file petitions, or anything else they can come up with. This is the only way to make the issue known and possibly addressed.

I dont know who this Mr. SuperCanadian is but clearly has his facts wrong when he made such absurd statements highlighted below and I am confident anyone on this forum including EE candidates would disapprove of such misrepresentation of information. First of all, EE applications are not processed expeditiously because they are HIGHLY skilled or such. They clearly have an advantage by virtue of option for submitting documentation electronically whereas paper based stream dont. As a matter of fact all "economic" category are classified as skill based immigration pathways. There is no supremacy of one over other and are at par. So saying the paper applicants are low skilled and not capable of contributing which is why they are processed in 17 months is totally irrational. Does that imply all candidates who are now permanent residents in Canada prior to implementation of Express entry program back in Jan 2015 are worthless because there was no EE and they all had to apply through paper applications with 20-22 months processing time? haha... Just so you know Mr.SuperCanadian, I am just giving my example because I dont know about others but I qualified for both EE and regular stream through Saskatchewan's PNP program but since my application was already in process through one paper based stream, I chose not to duplicate efforts and pay additional for two applications. Now would you tag me as a future contributing or non-contributing member of society? Its simply lame to judge applicants based on CIC's processing time and how their applications are processed because after all this every person gains the same PR privileges and then it depends on your profession and qualification what you can do for Canada. Not sure how you got to this conclusion.

"There's a reason EE applications are fast-tracked - those who meet EE requirements have been adjudged by CIC to have the potential to make the most contribution to the growth of the Canadian economy. That's why it's a highly skilled program. The paper-based PNP program on the other hand is also under the Economic stream but usually (not always) includes people who can't contribute as much as EE applicants to the Canadian economy."

Also, Mr.SuperCanadian says, "Nobody forced anybody to submit a paper-based PNP application". So regarding that, people apply for paper based application since CIC has not given a choice to apply electronically as for EE and in future clearly paper based stream will be eliminated and it will all be EE based so wait for that to happen. Dont spread misinformation grounds on which the processing times are such and do some research before lashing at others.

I normally dont bother to intervene, but I couldnt help correct my friend Mr.SuperCanadian.

al4him

Oct 5, 2016

Supercanadian,

In this regard, I would just simply like to add to what MarsiaMS and vpkasbek have already mentioned above.
I'm not speaking about entitlement in any way. I'm speaking about providing equal and fair opportunity for both EE and paper-based applicants to get processed under the same procedural timeframe, or if necessary allow paper-based applicants to resubmit their documents electronically. Supercanadian, according to your words you suggest that the federal government divides its immigrants into first and second class categories, which is repellent at least. Why wouldn't then the federal government come with first and second class permanent residency rights and citizenships? Do you see where your line of logic is going to? By which standards or requirements did you conclude that EE candidates are superior to paper-based candidates?

So, again my point here is the following. Both paper-based, EE and all other existing streams are merit-based programs. I'm very sure that if any of these streams proved to be unimportant or inefficient, the Canadian government would have shut down them without hesitation. Thus, this is more of a bureaucratic issue, rather a matter of priorities. That is why I think it is important for all paper-based applicants to stand up and push the Canadian government to do something about the processing times. I believe 6 months and 17 months is quite a difference.

PS. By the way, I qualify for both EE and paper-based streams in case you wondered (IELTS 8.0, master's degree, NOC A)

Last edited:
Reactions: lileka and vpkasbek

ushabala88

Jul 15, 2017
Hi All,

I have submitted my (Saskatchewan) Paper based application Feb20th 2017 and I got AOR April first week, After that they asked me to pay Landing fees in June, so still I am waiting for medical, do you have any idea when we will get medical after submitting application? Mine already 11 months in processing still I am waiting for medical.

If anybody in this group, who belong to Saskatchewan, please help me

Thanks

Silviagono

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Sept. 6/16
Doc's Request.
05/02/2017
Nomination.....
26/05/2016
AOR Received.
14/12/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
LANDED..........
06/07/2015
Hi All,

I have submitted my (Saskatchewan) Paper based application Feb20th 2017 and I got AOR April first week, After that they asked me to pay Landing fees in June, so still I am waiting for medical, do you have any idea when we will get medical after submitting application? Mine already 11 months in processing still I am waiting for medical.

If anybody in this group, who belong to Saskatchewan, please help me

Thanks
Hi, I am and SINP inland applicant, I sent my file on Sept 2016, and got my MR on Nov 2017... last friday they were submitted to CIC, still waiting next update on my file. Be patience...

lileka

Sep 20, 2017

As a PNP Paper-based applicant with IELTS results of 9-9-9-7.5, Canadian education and Canadian work experience, I am appalled by your judgement.
We are inland applicants, so we are already paying taxes, which also finance fast-tracked EE process for people who haven't paid a dime in taxes yet.

Auxin 815

Aug 24, 2017
Pls I have some questions;
1) at personal history of imm5669, if I write "on leave" from work under activity, what do I put under it's column 6. Is it the name of the company where I work or not applicable?
(2) at Addresses (question 12) of Imm 5669, do I have to include all those times I went home to my parents on holidays in my address in order not to leave any time in gap?
(3) For the sections that are not applicable, do I need to fill in all the empty boxes as "N/A", or one "N/A" is enough in a box of the section?
I will be looking forward to having your kind response sir, thanking you in anticipation.