+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Online Application

PHGLPagani

Mar 23, 2017
Hello,

I started an application for a Study permit through the CIC website, and since it's my first time going through this process I am filled with questions.

I would first like to address the UCI number, since I don't have one I decided to look it up on the CIC website, they told me that if I don't have one I should just write Non Applicable or N/A, but the form won't let me input letters onto the field, I don't know what to do, I fear leaving it blank. This brings me to another question, should I print out the forms and fill it rather than submitting it online?

In the "Application made outside of Canada" form they ask what my dates of study will be, do I put my first and last day of school, or my expected date of arrival and exit?

I have been accepted to 4 Canadian Universities (UBC, UofC, CA, and YorkU) and their respective colleges of Engineering, I am currently choosing my cheapest option, but I am still awaiting for some scholarship decisions in mid April, if I have already submitted my application by then, and I decide to change schools, will I be able to do that? (I would only change schools if the scholarships made them cheaper)

The application requires that I show sufficient funds to study in Canada, at the CIC website I found something that says about "Tuition + $10K." This leads to two questions, the first being $10K what, American or Canadian dollars? the other question is referring to money in the application, when they ask me how much is my tuition for example, should I answer in CAD or USD?

Now to what I consider to be the most important question:
Where and when do I use my sponsors information?

I know I can use a sponsor to fund my studies in Canada, but where do I upload his information? Does he have to sign a form? Do I have to sign a form? Do I just upload his information straight into the "Proof of Means of Financial Support" category?

In other words, what do I need from my sponsor to be able to show my financial stability?

Some documents I am asked to fill simply don't have a specific place to upload it, like the custodian form. I know I have to fill it but where to I upload it to?

I live in America but I was born in Brazil, my official documents are in Portuguese, do I have to translate them?

What exactly is ETA and do I need it?

I want to be able to ask and official representative about my questions but I don't know who, I called some Visa offices but they don't specialize in the CIC application. Is there an email or phone for my type of inquiries?

Also, for a class that starts on September 5th, what is the latest you think I can submit my application? Just so I know not to hand it in last minute.

Thank You Very Much