Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
persianguy said:
Hi everyone,

2 months ago there has been an increase on my score.

CIC actually increased my score 2 months before I complete 1 year of work experience here in Canada. I think it's because they counted the HOURS (as I work 40 hours per week, I hit the required number of hours in 10 months) not the months.

Now I received the Invitation to Apply letter, What shall I do ? shall I go ahead and apply for my PR ? (actually I will hit 12 months of full time work experience by the time I send my application)

Are they going to reject me ?

I have a very graduate education at high ranking university + high paying job (100+ k) Even if they made a mistake, are they going to still reject me considering that I'm eligible at the day officer opens my application.

Sorry to say this can be taken as Misrepresentation , I think you need to withdraw this and make new EE profile. Please do take some legal / Professional advice.

As you lied in your EE profile that you got 1 year experience. And if you were truth in first place then you wouldn't get this ITA.

CIC is very strict , but if you won't apply in 60 days and then recreate new profile then it's fine. Your new ITA (hopefully you will get it) will got all info correct.

Again I suggest you take professional advice.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think rejecting an ITA until you have passed 'Day 365' at work would be the same as re-creating a profile? I'm in a similar position where I haven't got an ITA but my day 365 is on 20 Dec? I have got credit for a year but I honestly entered all information correctly. In my case should I re-create my profile?

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
persianguy said:
Hi everyone,

CIC actually increased my score 2 months before I complete 1 year of work experience here in Canada. I think it's because they counted the HOURS (as I work 40 hours per week, I hit the required number of hours in 10 months) not the months.

Now I received the Invitation to Apply letter, What shall I do ? shall I go ahead and apply for my PR ? (actually I will hit 12 months of full time work experience by the time I send my application)

I have a very graduate education at high ranking university + high paying job (100+ k) Even if they made a mistake, are they going to still reject me considering that I'm eligible at the day officer opens my application.
Did you get ITA under CEC category? If yes, then you have to decline the ITA as you do not qualify for CEC on the date of ITA.

If you got ITA under FSW, go ahead to submit the app. You will be fine.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guess to be 100% sure if I get an ITA before Dec 20 will send a Case Specific email and follow the guidance in their reply. In my opinion that's better than what any lawyer can tell a person.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk_2015 said:
Did you get ITA under CEC category? If yes, then you have to decline the ITA as you do not qualify for CEC on the date of ITA.

If you got ITA under FSW, go ahead to submit the app. You will be fine.
No I haven't got an ITA but was wondering what to do if I get an ITA before 20 Dec.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTW I'm supposedly eligible for CEC and FSW. I have no idea how they will decide which program to put me under if I get an ITA.

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
AM198 said:
I'm just basing this on what the CIC written explanation says. I posted their email in my post above. They explicitly state that CIC gives benefit of the whole month even if you work one day in it. That doesn't leave much room for misinterpretation. According to that, there is definitely a certain scenario in which 1 year, 10 months and 2 days can be counted as two years of experience. If you start work on the last day of a certain month, the system will automatically consider you to have completed a year at the first day of the next preceding month (i.e. 30th Jan to 1st Dec is 1 year). I got an ITA in September based on this and my application has been approved and closed. I worked for 1 year, 11 months and 1 day and got the ITA based on 2 years work experience (about 466 points).

What they also explained to me is that you have to be absolutely truthful in what you enter into the system. The system specifically only asks for the year and month you start and end your employment. If they wanted to calculate it by day, they would have left an input for the day. They don't do that right now. CIC told me that it is our responsibility to ensure that we can prove what we filled in our profile. We will not be held responsible for the system making an incorrect calculation on its own.
I just had my score bumped up from 448 to 474. That was because i would be reaching 2yrs Canadian work experience by June 2 which is next month. But we all know cic calculates by month and not exact days.

My question: What if i receive an ITA this Wednesday i.e tomorrow, even though the 2yrs Canadian work experience i got the early updated score for is not till June 2nd but my score has been updated now. Can i proceed with the PR Process and submit my application?

I just talked to a personal friend of mine now that the same thing happened to last year. he went ahead and apply and he has his PR NOW.

Pls advise.

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the day you submit your app your crs should be either same or over the draw figure when you received ITA.

If this is not the case it will be rejected at various stages for sure.

Personal experience ;D

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
persianguy said:
Hi everyone,

That is normal @persianguy.
Say you have started a job in feb 2015 which was my case. So you will finish 1year on jan 2016. However the recalculation is done 30 days prior to your 1 year completion.
So according to that you will see the raised points on dec 31st 2015.

I am saying this coz i started my job last week of Feb but my points were raised on 31st dec and i was offered ITA on 6th Jan (Timeline in signature)

I believe they do thsi coz they know by the time you get the ITA and submit the file you will go pass that 1 year mark.

Hope this helps :)

tfeddy2012

Star Member
May 11, 2015
kirtivsingh said:
That is normal @persianguy.
Say you have started a job in feb 2015 which was my case. So you will finish 1year on jan 2016. However the recalculation is done 30 days prior to your 1 year completion.
So according to that you will see the raised points on dec 31st 2015.

I am saying this coz i started my job last week of Feb but my points were raised on 31st dec and i was offered ITA on 6th Jan (Timeline in signature)

I believe they do thsi coz they know by the time you get the ITA and submit the file you will go pass that 1 year mark.

Hope this helps :)
So in my own case, That means i can go ahead and start my application if it happens that i get an ITA tomorrow.

My case ..... I just had my score bumped up from 448 to 474. That was because i would be reaching 2yrs Canadian work experience by June 2 which is next month. But we all know cic calculates by month and not exact days.

My question: What if i receive an ITA this Wednesday i.e tomorrow, even though the 2yrs Canadian work experience i got the early updated score for is not till June 2nd but my score has been updated now. Can i proceed with the PR Process and submit my application?

I just talked to a personal friend of mine now that the same thing happened to last year. he went ahead and apply and he has his PR NOW.

Pls advise.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
tfeddy2012 said:
So in my own case, That means i can go ahead and start my application if it happens that i get an ITA tomorrow.

My case ..... I just had my score bumped up from 448 to 474. That was because i would be reaching 2yrs Canadian work experience by June 2 which is next month. But we all know cic calculates by month and not exact days.

Pls advise.
Yes, I fyou are certain you gave the right information in the profile. you are not at fault. It cant be misrepresentation. I would say go ahead.
Just to make you feel better, I ordered my GCMS notes and my file was cleared by CIO on 23rd Feb and my 1 year of Canadian experience should completed on 26 feb.

You should be alright :)

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
persianguy said:
Hi everyone,

If your score is high enough and you have enough time in your work permit, don't risk it.

Don't take risks unless you have to.

If your score is high enough, you would get ITA again after you complete 2 years.

Andrew2016

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys ,

I am a CEC candidate who started working on July 7th,2014 to June 10th,2016 (1 year 11 months and 3 days experience). I have been awarded points for 2 years experience when technically I'm short of 27days, as CIC just calculates the months and not the days. My PGWP expired on June 10th, hence I had to stop working.

I have received an ITA on Jan 11th, 2017 for the points awarded. Please suggest what I should do. Anybody in a similar situation who applied and got approved?

genzo

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Hi Guys ,

I am a CEC candidate who started working on July 7th,2014 to June 10th,2016 (1 year 11 months and 3 days experience). I have been awarded points for 2 years experience when technically I'm short of 27days, as CIC just calculates the months and not the days. My PGWP expired on June 10th, hence I had to stop working.

I have received an ITA on Jan 11th, 2017 for the points awarded. Please suggest what I should do. Anybody in a similar situation who applied and got approved?
Hi what did you do later on? You declined the ITA and stop working?

Feb 21, 2018
Hi Everyone . I have score Reading 6.5 , Listening 8.5 , Writing 7 and Speaking 7 . I am Graduate and verify by WES along with 10 years of Experience. I have created profile in CIC and its showing as ineligible Please help me . I am planning to apply with my spouse and put 20000 as amount for Three people. As per FSW I am scoring 77 . Not sure what is going wroing