+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Letter Forwarding - Canada Post

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Everyone....Does Canada post mail forwarding service work for CIC mails ( test or oath invites ) as well ? Will the mail be forwarded to the new address ? Has anyone been through this ? Please confirm .... thank you.

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
Mails from CIC state "DO NOT FORWARD" on them.

For something as important as your test/oath letter (or ANY letter from CIC, for that matter), I would definitely NOT risk it at all.

My advice would be to update your address - and even after you've done so, to keep an eye out on your old mail for a while at least.

PS- Something else that i just thought of - if the postman cannot deliver your letter (do not forward) it would probably go back to CIC. I'm assuming this could trigger something with CIC regarding your(/anyone in question) file.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
kimba409 said:
Mails from CIC state "DO NOT FORWARD" on them.

For something as important as your test/oath letter (or ANY letter from CIC, for that matter), I would definitely NOT risk it at all.

My advice would be to update your address - and even after you've done so, to keep an eye out on your old mail for a while at least.

PS- Something else that i just thought of - if the postman cannot deliver your letter (do not forward) it would probably go back to CIC. I'm assuming this could trigger something with CIC regarding your(/anyone in question) file.
Thanks Kimba409 .... both the houses are mine so checking mails is not a problem .... one question ... when you say "if the postman cannot deliver your letter (do not forward) it would probably go back to CIC" ... what do you mean by that ?

kimba409

Aug 25, 2015
Shi Shahmad

Sorry for being unclear;

What i meant was if you have mail fowarding done then technically canadapost wouldn't be able to deliver to the original/previous address (since the receiver has requested to forward mails).

In this case I believe the 'do not forward' letters go back to the sender (in this case CIC). I would think that mails returned to CIC this way may possibly trigger an RQ or something to that effect.