+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC letter and Service Canada Centre, please assist

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
Hello All,
Hope all are fine and safe!

Today I spoke to one of the employer from Quebec and she guided me how can I initiate my process and work in Canada since I am outside Canada.

Firstly, she said that I need to have the “letter from CIC with a number”. Please clarify is she talking about the acknowledgment letter from CIC and my application number after my submission of express entry application?
Or is it the invitation letter she says about ?

Secondly, she gave details about Service Centre Canada so that I can discuss with them and know that details that how can I work in Quebec if I am stuck or get some help regarding documents to work and all. So what exactly is this Service Centre Canada for?

Thanks in advance.
Please explain the above two pianos more clearly if possible.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
What employer is this? Have you submitted any sort of application to come to Canada? Express Entry doesn't allow you to live in Quebec.

Service Canada is responsible for issuing you a SIN (social insurance number) which is needed to legally work in Canada.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
It is a MNC, I had applied over Indeed and then I got a call to discuss. So she said that even if I don’t have PR or any work permit, still a letter from CIC with a number will be enough for me to proceed with my job application.

What employer is this? Have you submitted any sort of application to come to Canada? Express Entry doesn't allow you to live in Quebec.

Service Canada is responsible for issuing you a SIN (social insurance number) which is needed to legally work in Canada.
So you mean she might be talking about CSQ or CAS which is required in Quebec?
SIN is required in Quebec only or in all the provinces of Canada?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
So you've applied for PR through Express Entry? Presumably she meant that they would need proof of your pending immigration application to go forward with the hiring process.

Unfortunately, you cannot settle in Quebec with Express Entry. You would need a CSQ from the Quebec government first, and would then have to apply for PR on paper as a Quebec-selected skilled worker.

A SIN is needed to work in any province. But again, with Express Entry, you cannot live or work in Quebec.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
So you've applied for PR through Express Entry? Presumably she meant that they would need proof of your pending immigration application to go forward with the hiring process.

Unfortunately, you cannot settle in Quebec with Express Entry. You would need a CSQ from the Quebec government first, and would then have to apply for PR on paper as a Quebec-selected skilled worker.

A SIN is needed to work in any province. But again, with Express Entry, you cannot live or work in Quebec.
Thanks a lot.

She also gave me an option of toronto. So if I have my express entry file submitted and I will have the File number so that's enough for a job that she is talking about? like she said a "letter from CIC", that means the acknowledgment letter and application file number after my PR application submission?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot.

She also gave me an option of toronto. So if I have my express entry file submitted and I will have the File number so that's enough for a job that she is talking about? like she said a "letter from CIC", that means the acknowledgment letter and application file number after my PR application submission?
The employer still needs LMIA and you need a WP to come to Canada and work before you secure PR. If you get a job offer from a MNC they usually work with an immigration lawyer if they want to hire someone internationally.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
I think people are not understanding simple thing.. she committed and promised me that once I have the file number she would assist me with the job, that’s it..
So there’s no LMIA story in it...

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
To "assist you with the job" an employer needs an LMIA, and since this employer is in Quebec you can't work for them if you apply for PR through Express Entry.

Jagjit2019

Feb 5, 2019
India
To "assist you with the job" an employer needs an LMIA, and since this employer is in Quebec you can't work for them if you apply for PR through Express Entry.
Fact is not only about Quebec, she also said that she would assist and support for Toronto even if required. All that is required she was talking about is letter from CIC and a number.
So that’s my query for all the experts here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You really need to look into Quebec immigration programs. A job offer does not guarantee immigration. Do you speak French?