+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC fees in USD or CAD?

Jun 7, 2010
Can someone clear up this confusion I have about payment of fees. In the nomination package I received from Alberta, it says the fees should be paid in Canadian dollars only. But on the Buffalo consulate website, it says fees can be paid in Canadian or US dollars. Has anyone successfully paid fees in US dollars to Buffalo?

Also, in the nomination package I received from Alberta, it says to make the fees payable to "Receiver General for Canada" but on the Buffalo consulate website, it says the fees should be payable to "Canadian Consulate General". Which is correct?

amgra

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2010
I think both in their way. I recommend you to go to your LOCAL (Where you will be applying) and check the local page. if you go to Mexico CIC Local website it will tell you the exact amount in MXP and CAD.

Go to this address www cic gc ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp and once you enter your country, it will tell you in a cell of the table Internet Site:, got o your local site and look for the current prices in your currency.
At the end you can pay in your currency and US dollars.

Alex

asds

May 27, 2010
Tomorrow I am going to send my application to CIC.

I am sending USD $1100( Myself & wife)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you send USD to CIC-Buffalo, the instrument (money order, cashier's check) has to be from a US bank, not Canadian bank...