+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cic cannot find my file

Canadaaaaaa

Feb 20, 2013
Hello

I am so worried about my situation.
I applied restoration and work permit online Oct 20, 2012.
And I have called to call centre several times to check my application status, agents' answers were always different.
One agent said my file is pressing, another agent said my file wasn't opened yet.
But they told me it will take 4months so need to wait more.
So I was just waiting till last week.

And I called last week again the agent said that he cannot find my file and let me know one email address to ask about this problem. So I sent email to the address but still didn't get answer. Today I called call centre again and agent told me same thing "cannot find your file"
I am so worried about this situation.
Is there someone like in this situation 'cannot find file'??

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Hi, this happened to me before when i was trying to renew my SP. However, I did it by mail. I showed them the tracking receipt etc. and they had it processed in a week.

As for restoration, some people I know are in the same situation. I think the email way is a safer way to go instead of calling them.

Good luck.

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
Hey I have applied for restoration of my study permit on Nov 1st 2012. I call them frequently and the tell me its in process but when i called them last week they were not able to find my file too and that worried me too.

Can u please tell me the email address the agent gave you.
thank you

Canadaaaaaa

Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for replying.
I sent email today again and still waiting answe.

The email address is question@cicgc.ca
Need to write your information on the email such as client Id number, applied date, your name and birth country. Did u also apply by online?

gaminggecko28

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for the email
And yea I applied online too on Nov 1st 2012 and still waiting for the answer from CIC.

I would really appreciate if you can update me when you get your work permit restored. So i can have an idea that my file will be processed soon too.

P.S.- I know someone who applied on Oct 1st for work permit restoration got permit approved on feb 16th. So I think it will be one or two week for you more :)
hopeully