+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Canada filing a complaint

ryanman127

Nov 22, 2012
I applied for CEC on March 2012 and got a reply saying that my application wasn't satisfying. Their reason is that I didn't work for 12 months. It's a long story and very confusing but I know for sure they made a mistake by looking at wrong dates and assume how many months I worked for. So I would like to file a complaint.

I was wondering if they would accept it, and has anything like this happen before?

I've worked my ass off trying to immigrate in this country and nothing good has happened to me yet.

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
ryanman127 said:
I applied for CEC on March 2012 and got a reply saying that my application wasn't satisfying. Their reason is that I didn't work for 12 months. It's a long story and very confusing but I know for sure they made a mistake by looking at wrong dates and assume how many months I worked for. So I would like to file a complaint.

I was wondering if they would accept it, and has anything like this happen before?

I've worked my ass off trying to immigrate in this country and nothing good has happened to me yet.
So sorry about ur rejection. when did u start working?? if ur work experience started counting before graduation or before u receive ur pgwp, probably that's the reason for rejection because work experience started counting after u receive ur pgwp and after graduation and not before then even if u worked for one year.. can u share ur rejection letter?? did u receive AOR before rejection?? it will be easier to advice u on what to do when u provide more detail..

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ryanman127

- Feel free to share your long and confusing story, provide some dates so we can see whether they count your 12 months correctly or not.
- So far, filing complaints usually get no response / doesn't work. Reapplying would be a better option

ryanman127

Nov 22, 2012
ujbaby said:
So sorry about ur rejection. when did u start working?? if ur work experience started counting before graduation or before u receive ur pgwp, probably that's the reason for rejection because work experience started counting after u receive ur pgwp and after graduation and not before then even if u worked for one year.. can u share ur rejection letter?? did u receive AOR before rejection?? it will be easier to advice u on what to do when u provide more detail..
Hey um I've worked since December til next April so that's over an year. I thought they would know how long I have been working for because they gave me the work permit in December. They made a huge and obvious mistake but I can't really explain it

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
ryanman127 said:
Hey um I've worked since December til next April so that's over an year. I thought they would know how long I have been working for because they gave me the work permit in December. They made a huge and obvious mistake but I can't really explain it
did u worked full time or part time?? did u count ur hours to ensure u get the required hours?? They won't reject u without obvious reason

yasoni

Star Member
May 2, 2012
The time they counted not only based on your work permit but also relied on the employer letter.
You can send them an email to explain detail of your working period with supporting proof and ask them to reconsider their decision.
If you are lucky, they might re-open your case.

Wish you luck!

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
did your employment letter stated that you worked a full year?
Can you explain better your situation please.

cheers.