+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC called me and I missed it twice

Ghenzkie

Nov 10, 2018
Hello does anyone missed a call from Immigration Officer? They call last week Weds and said will call me back on Thursday morning but he didn’t i waited till Friday. Today he called back same day Weds I still missed it because I’m working. Anyone who recieve a call too? And I wonder why they dont send me email if they can’t reach me through phone. My application is still not process yet. Submitted Last April 14 2020 they recieved it on the 17th.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hello does anyone missed a call from Immigration Officer? They call last week Weds and said will call me back on Thursday morning but he didn’t i waited till Friday. Today he called back same day Weds I still missed it because I’m working. Anyone who recieve a call too? And I wonder why they dont send me email if they can’t reach me through phone. My application is still not process yet. Submitted Last April 14 2020 they recieved it on the 17th.
What number was it?

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015

Ghenzkie

Nov 10, 2018
Any update? Seems like a scam to me, but I've never heard of CIC calling anyone. Maybe it happens but certainly not common. They suggest calling the call centre to verify the officer's identify if you are unsure at all!

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1203&top=31
I finally answered the call. The officer just asked me if i want to continue to do outland app or inland. She mentioned that they will put it in the system and will be start to process. I just have to wait for the email from them. Unfortunately after that call been 8days i still didn’t receive any email. I called IRCC and confirmed that my application was now in the system . I just have to wait for the email.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
I finally answered the call. The officer just asked me if i want to continue to do outland app or inland. She mentioned that they will put it in the system and will be start to process. I just have to wait for the email from them. Unfortunately after that call been 8days i still didn’t receive any email. I called IRCC and confirmed that my application was now in the system . I just have to wait for the email.

Wow! That's great news. I mean, I'm sorry you haven't had an update yet, but it's nice that they called you to correct or update that information instead of sending it all back.

May I ask why they needed to ask you if your application was Outland or Inland? "Back in my day" they were separate applications/forms, but also it seems like you applied quite awhile ago, so maybe it's more complicated than I realize!

Reactions: Idrissrafd