Med's Done....
5-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
2-Apr-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Apr-2014
rocky12 said:
i mean is it positive in my file ?
This is still very fishy to me. You are like preparing some people mind that they will receive a call from CIC?

steveholt

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Priority said:
This is still very fishy to me. You are like preparing some people mind that they will receive a call from CIC?
It's not the first time, there are previous examples of CIC calling the employers of people who use this forum when they were verifying employment duties lined up. If they call your employer (or you for that matter) then it should just be confirmation of duties and no identifying information required - if they start asking for some I would hang-up personally and reach out via the official CIC number/email to confirm it was a legitimate call and what they want.

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
rocky12 said:
cic called my employer today again and dis time my employer was in office .he ask him about job starting date,my job tile and job duties and he told e same i hve mentoned in my job letter.after that m mnager told him if he has more questions ,he can fax him as he is quite busy right n. to which cic guy said its ok,i am satisfied now,
shoul i think its sitive thing?

Hmmmm

Friend please tell us your job title and country of origin
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Priority said:
As others have stated, there is nothing unusual about CIC verifying employment information. Your application could have been selected randomly, or because the VO had actual questions. It is true this happens with a minority of applicants, but it is absolutely normal.

In fact, if your application is legitimate, it is a good thing. VOs are not required to call and ask questions, they can simply refuse your application if they are not convinced. If the VO calls, you could see it as a benefit.

rocky12

Nov 27, 2013
jes_ON said:
As others have stated, there is nothing unusual about CIC verifying employment information. Your application could have been selected randomly, or because the VO had actual questions. It is true this happens with a minority of applicants, but it is absolutely normal.

In fact, if your application is legitimate, it is a good thing. VOs are not required to call and ask questions, they can simply refuse your application if they are not convinced. If the VO calls, you could see it as a benefit.
i just got mail from cic after sometime of his call
the email states that he need my updated pcc as old one has expired bcoz of 1 year and seondly i have to pay rprf nd i just paid
it states my file has been transferred to cpp ottawa for further review and it will be reviewed by our one of our officers
any bdy experienced and shd i see my file approv by now?

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
When was your application filed?

eds1275

Champion Member
Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2013
AOR Received.
17-02-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Request
04-11-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on 17-12-2013)
LANDED..........
19-12-2013 (Peace Bridge, Fort Erie)
I'm a little worried about the fact that cic asked for a new police certificate because old one expired due to 1 year rule.

If processing time of cec is 13 months, everyone who submits their police certificate during initial submission will definitely face this issue. I call this BS.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
rocky12,

if you keep coming here just to get answers for your questions and ignore our questions then sorry to say but this forum is not for you,wee are all here trying to help each others and share informations we know.
a few of us here have asked you about your timeline but i don't see why you don't want to share that??????????????

mack_ra

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Guys,

Rocky12 sounds fishy ... may be he is just here to let people believe that CIC does call people. The things that sounds fishy are here ..

1. He hasn't given his timelines ( which he might give after reading this :) )
2. How can CIC ask for PCC and RPRF at the same time. I might be wrong here but as per my understanding RPRF is kind of a confirmation of PR, which is only possible if security check is clear.
3. Doesn't the sequence of events sound a little too fast here ? The CIC guy called his employer yesterday, then called him and finally his employer again today. Then he gets a RPRF request and PCC request at the same time and he has already paid it..

I might be over reacting but this is what i thought after reading this thread ..

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
mack_ra, i think you have a good point here because it does not sound right to me as well.
like why would CIC call employer then applicant then employer again then email the applicant(don't they have other files beside yours lol).
also the thing that sounds fishy is that CIC forward his/her application to ottawa for further processing after the RPRF was requested,i highly doubt this because rprf request is requested by ottawa and not sydney.and also the rprf email says that eligibility is passed so no further processing is needed :p

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
Hi all i read the blog And would like to share my experience
My friend applied for PNP As a sales supervisor for a gas station.
Border security came to the gas station to inquire about him.
This happened after medical and passport request..
When friend asked them about the reason of their visit,they replied " random check"
But he did get approve and all went well...

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
richi jolly,thanks for sharing.

when you say border security do you mean immigration officer?
in which province your friend lives when immigration visited him?
do you know what kind of questions they asked him? do you know if there was any red flags with his application?

thanks for your inputs,this will enlighten others here as well.

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
canadavisa13 said:
richi jolly,thanks for sharing.

when you say border security do you mean immigration officer?
in which province your friend lives when immigration visited him?
do you know what kind of questions they asked him? do you know if there was any red flags with his application?

thanks for your inputs,this will enlighten others here as well.
Ya, they were from immigration .. They basically
Wanted to check him .. They just asked about the duties
And responsibilities..thats it... I guess the same employer
Applied for another employees pnp with the same
Category.. The employer has multiple gas stations so
Different applications for different locations but the wage of
The new employee did not match with the other however same
Noc .. I am not quite sure but thats what i heard...

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
thanks richi jolly :)

i am pretty sure they only do verifications such as phone calls,onsite visit if there is something unclear or red flags about the application.
interviews are conducted randomly sometimes for programs quality assurance.