+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC call center guy put a wrong travel date in my file

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
I submitted my application in June, and I am waiting for the test at Montreal Office.

Because I will go back to my country in March for three weeks, I called the CIC call center to leave a note in my file, just to make sure the Montreal office will NOT ask me for test/oath. However, the CIC guy left a wrong date in the file (Even though I confirmed with him more than three times, he still left the wrong date anyway...)

What is worse is that the second agent told me they can only change the date once, and I have to contact CIC Montreal office myself to change the date into the right one...

Does anyone have any similar experience? It is really annoying!!

moti

Oct 24, 2012
no experience, but I would suggest send a registered letter to CIC with all the information .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
flamingteeth said:
I submitted my application in June, and I am waiting for the test at Montreal Office.

Because I will go back to my country in March for three weeks, I called the CIC call center to leave a note in my file, just to make sure the Montreal office will NOT ask me for test/oath. However, the CIC guy left a wrong date in the file (Even though I confirmed with him more than three times, he still left the wrong date anyway...)

What is worse is that the second agent told me they can only change the date once, and I have to contact CIC Montreal office myself to change the date into the right one...

Does anyone have any similar experience? It is really annoying!!
Plz send an explanation letter with supporting documentation along with your file number that you have got in AOR to CIC so that once CIC opens the letter, they can reference the file number and update the info as needed