+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Call Center agents

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
has anyone called CIC office in Canada and they get agents from Montreal office. why are they all always so rude? ask them simple question and their answer is like a grade 10 fighting.

ashleighash

Star Member
May 16, 2010
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatamala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because a lot of people in Quebec think there too good to be part of Canada...

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seriously i called them today and ask them simple question and theyr reply was so rude that i felt like hitting my head on table myself.

every question i ask him.........
he says "I DONT KNOW"
he says "I DONT KNOW"
he says "I DONT KNOW"
he says "I DONT KNOW"

I

iarblue

Thats because they dont know,it says as soon as you call, the message says they do not have any info on what a visa office is doing with your app.Once it leaves Mississauga they see the same info you see online.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
This thread is taking a very dangerous turn towards bashing the French. There are a lot of French applicants on here who might feel insulted by these comments just because they are not well represented by their counterparts at the CIC call center.

Iarblue is right...they dont know. The english speaking representatives say the same thing.

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
heatherusa said:
This thread is taking a very dangerous turn towards bashing the French. There are a lot of French applicants on here who might feel insulted by these comments just because they are not well represented by their counterparts at the CIC call center.

Iarblue is right...they dont know. The english speaking representatives say the same thing.
I agree with you Heather. I am orignally from Quebec, but anglohone and I'm even feeling insulted. As for the call centre, I have had better experiences with the francophone agents than the english ones. It really just depends who you get regardless of their mother tongue imho. And.......they can't really tell you what they don't know.

B

boyee6576

I hav called many many times to CIC call centre. I have never had one be unkind to me. I ask them what I want, they tell me and have always been very helpful. I have no complaints

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
journeyman said:
I agree with you Heather. I am orignally from Quebec, but anglohone and I'm even feeling insulted. As for the call centre, I have had better experiences with the francophone agents than the english ones. It really just depends who you get regardless of their mother tongue imho. And.......they can't really tell you what you don't know.
I just dont want this to deteriorate to something bad when I dont believe that was Joe's intent. I think he just wanted to vent about bad service in general.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i dont think anyone felt anything negative before Heatherusa instigated the issue.

I

iarblue

Yeah it dont mater Quebec,Ontario,or as far as BC they dont give you answers because they just dont know,and if you do not understand the French language it can come off rude but by no means are they being rude,understand the language,and the accent well and you will figure they are not being rude at all,its just they really dont know what the visa office is doing.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samllest information they also say they dont kow
i am not talking about file when it goes to visa procesing office. i am talking when i didnt even send application adn i have questions about application before sending.
ur right quebcers or ontarions or whatever. they are all rude.

i dont hink nonne of them are married overseas so they dont know how it feels

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Whenever I called the call centre I found it very hard to get any kind of answer to any question. This was before my application was even sent off!!! This forum gave me far more help. I'm sure they can be very helpful to some, maybe my questions were too specific lol

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ssarah183 said:
Whenever I called the call centre I found it very hard to get any kind of answer to any question. This was before my application was even sent off!!! This forum gave me far more help. I'm sure they can be very helpful to some, maybe my questions were too specific lol
same here. i like this form better than call center CIC.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Ssarah183 said:
Often they just don't know the answer. I think they should try to hire people who have already done a sponsorship themselves. After trying to bring a spouse or partner to Canada, we all know a lot about what can go wrong.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't bash Heather. She's right. And Sarah, yeah, the questions may have been too specific. That seems to be a common problem when people call the CIC call centre. They can only give general information, can't comment about your individual circumstances. This forum is great but remember, it's an internet forum and nobody here knows EVERYTHING about your file. Double or triple check all of the advice you get before you proceed. You don't want to make a mistake based on someone else's experience when your situation is different.