+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asking for wife's self-employed reference letter in checklist post ITA

niksi

Jul 5, 2017
Hi,

My spouse also has non Canadian work ex for which I haven't got any points. I am planning to submit his relieving letter(which contains joining date and last date) for past employment and pay stubs+ generic employment letter for current employment. is this fine ?

Do I need to explain this in LOE ?

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
I could not find the personal history section in EE where we can input spouse work history. Please advise.,
After you get ITA you will get that option.

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Please help. I need to clarify.
I have listed my spouse's work history outside Canada while creating EE profile. Now that I have received an ITA I am considering deleting spouse's work history and mentioning it in personal history so not to attach work reference letters. Would that be any problem because this way initial EE profile and post ITA profile would have contradicting information....

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Please help. I need to clarify.
I have listed my spouse's work history outside Canada while creating EE profile. Now that I have received an ITA I am considering deleting spouse's work history and mentioning it in personal history so not to attach work reference letters. Would that be any problem because this way initial EE profile and post ITA profile would have contradicting information....
Yes, that is fine. Just add an explanation letter that you are not claiming points for your spouse's work experience thus you have removed it. Good Luck!

Reactions: Snapdragon

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Yes, that is fine. Just add an explanation letter that you are not claiming points for your spouse's work experience thus you have removed it. Good Luck!
Thank you so much!

Mandzukic

Jul 13, 2018
Thank you so much!
Hi Snapdragon,

Even I added my spouse foreign work history in EE application. Now after getting ITA, I am planning to remove it as it will be tough to arrange reference letters. Did you face any issues for mismatch between EE and PR application? Thanks

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
Hi Snapdragon,

Even I added my spouse foreign work history in EE application. Now after getting ITA, I am planning to remove it as it will be tough to arrange reference letters. Did you face any issues for mismatch between EE and PR application? Thanks
i know this question is for someone else but i did the same as it was impossible to get reference letters for my spouse's work experience. I just added his experience in personal history and removed from work experience section. I also mentioned in the `LOE that i removed my spouse's experience because it was foreign work experience and hence no points are claimed for the same.

Mandzukic

Jul 13, 2018
i know this question is for someone else but i did the same as it was impossible to get reference letters for my spouse's work experience. I just added his experience in personal history and removed from work experience section. I also mentioned in the `LOE that i removed my spouse's experience because it was foreign work experience and hence no points are claimed for the same.
Thanks. Even I plan to do that. Just wanted to check if anyone got their PR approved by having different EE and PR profiles ( with same score though)

sharrulatha

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
HI,
I have a question regarding my spouse education history. I am in pre-ita stage While filling EE profile in study and languages for my spouse can i give no education history for him ? I have not done WES for him. Has anyone done that ?

Snapdragon

Star Member
Dec 25, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
19-03-2018
Passport Req..
29-08-2018
Thanks. Even I plan to do that. Just wanted to check if anyone got their PR approved by having different EE and PR profiles ( with same score though)
Hi. I removed my spouses work experience from work history and added it to personal history. I have no updates yet regarding my application. I had problems getting police certificate from Japan so I only recently submitted my application.

Mandzukic

Jul 13, 2018
HI,
I have a question regarding my spouse education history. I am in pre-ita stage While filling EE profile in study and languages for my spouse can i give no education history for him ? I have not done WES for him. Has anyone done that ?
I mentioned the education history for my spouse but I mentioned NO in the evaluation completed section. Hence it didn't count the 8 points which I would have got otherwise. So, I plan to only upload Spouse degree certificate and not WES certificate. I will also be providing LOE that no points were claimed. Can someone verify if that's fine?

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
I have mentioned my wife work experience in ee profile.shall I remove it or jusr leave it since I don't claim any points.

Pls suggestions

Cheers

Shackle

May 11, 2019
Hey all looks like this thread is now old enough for some ppl who hadn’t included the spouse work history but added it in the personal history section. I’m in the same boat and am wondering if it causes any issues for anyone who did that? Thanks!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hey all looks like this thread is now old enough for some ppl who hadn’t included the spouse work history but added it in the personal history section. I’m in the same boat and am wondering if it causes any issues for anyone who did that? Thanks!
none. only add what you're claiming points for