+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asked me to send them Field of Study The name of your Thesis Supervisor (Doctoral Advisor) List

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
I heard that once you've been asked for your CV/thesis supervisor name etc., it is a sign that it would take more than 6 months to get your PPR.

AaronZhuo

May 3, 2018
@rezmal I uploaded my Resume and they received it. Asking for CV seems to be something regular these days as they also asked one of my friends (also from Iran) to do the same too so there are no worries about it. I'm at background check again.
Hey SinaGol,

I got the same CV request. Are you still at background check?

AaronZhuo

May 3, 2018
Hi @AaronZhuo I think we are in the same nationality (china). May I ask your timeline? Are you also in Alberta PNP?
My timeline: received by CIC on December 23 2016, asked to submit CV on March 14, 2018. Nothing after that...
Hey kamenashi1990,

My timeline is: received by CIC on Oct 6th, 2016, asked to submit CV on March 7th, 2018. I am in SK PNP.
Did you ever get GCMS notes from IRCC, CSIS or CBSA after submitting your CV? Are you getting stuck in security screening as well?

AaronZhuo

May 3, 2018
i submitted my PR-file to CIC on September/01/2016 and when they asked for CV it took us 8 months till we get our PR. i got my PR on October/02/2018
Hey SinaGol,
Congrads! did you get GCMS notes from IRCC, CSIS or CBSA after submitting your CV? Did you ever get stuck in security screening?

kamenashi1990

Mar 15, 2018
Hey kamenashi1990,

My timeline is: received by CIC on Oct 6th, 2016, asked to submit CV on March 7th, 2018. I am in SK PNP.
Did you ever get GCMS notes from IRCC, CSIS or CBSA after submitting your CV? Are you getting stuck in security screening as well?
I got GCMS notes from IRCC. All except for Security have been passed. In my notes, it said 'Security' not 'Security Screening'. But I guess they are the same thing......Also I ordered a GCMS notes in September received in October, it gives me a future date '2018-Nov-06' with a Location 'PS - (Blanked out) - P..d'. This is written by hand so I cannot fully recognize and also I am not sure what is the meaning. I guess it is still related to security, as it has been blanked out.

AaronZhuo

May 3, 2018
I got GCMS notes from IRCC. All except for Security have been passed. In my notes, it said 'Security' not 'Security Screening'. But I guess they are the same thing......Also I ordered a GCMS notes in September received in October, it gives me a future date '2018-Nov-06' with a Location 'PS - (Blanked out) - P..d'. This is written by hand so I cannot fully recognize and also I am not sure what is the meaning. I guess it is still related to security, as it has been blanked out.
I got a GCMS note from IRCC and it said `security`. I got another GCMS note from CBSA and it said `security screening`... So I guess they are same thing. It is very likely to get stuck in `security screening` after being asked to submit CV... We have to wait 6 - 12 months after submitting our CVs from what I know.