+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC ask for Original Degree and mark sheet

spiderman9010

Jan 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear People,,,

I am so very confused; today I received a letter from CIC London states that they need some additional documents, my Ecas status is in process since 18 Jan 2010. they additional documents they have requested is my Original Degree and Mark sheet and this is written on the paper. after highlighting the original block.

""""" Degree Certificates and Mark sheets. (Show evidence of academic accred for each institute)

Now I am very confused what to do,

1. What is the meaning of “Academic accred”
2. Do I need to send them my original papers?
3. Will they return me the Original degree papers and mark sheet?

FYI: I also called CIC London office and talk to the operator, she said it is normal practice that thay ask for the original papers, you send them and attach a letter which states that you need these paper back , so CIC will return these papers back to you,

What shall I do please advice,

spiderman9010

Jan 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so far many ppl have seen this thread but no reply, Please some body say something,,,,,,,

khanbaba

Dec 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30-06-2011
I Think there is no problem. Send them the orignal degrees and transcripts.
I also did the same. My orignal degrees and transcripts are in the chc, london.
they will return u as soon as they finish the verification process..

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Academic Accred means the Academic Accredition of your University from that country's Accredition board/council- I think they wanted it becz they were unsure about the authenticity of your University. I am curious, which University is that? btw, I wonder Why did they use accred when they themselve repeatedly asked applicants not to use any abbreviation.

Send Notarized of your 10th and 12th degrees, rest original ( official copies) in sealed envelopes of your University. If you ask them to return to original, they will. I have heard that they usually return the original stuffs although they were not asked to do so, but do mark the original papers with a note as "ORIGINAL" with jems clip ( whatever you call those clips in your country) so that they can identify them as original.

spiderman9010

Jan 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khanbaba said:
I Think there is no problem. Send them the orignal degrees and transcripts.
I also did the same. My orignal degrees and transcripts are in the chc, london.
they will return u as soon as they finish the verification process..
Khanbaba, what is your status in Ecas, also the time they ask for your original papers did they ask any thing else in the same request or did they send you any other request asking any thing else?

Please Reply.

khanbaba

Dec 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30-06-2011
spiderman9010 said:
Khanbaba, what is your status in Ecas, also the time they ask for your original papers did they ask any thing else in the same request or did they send you any other request asking any thing else?

Please Reply.
Dear Spiderman9010..
My E-case status is " received by visa office" and my visa office is london.
Visa office did not ask in a separate request to send the original degrees and transcripts. I sent them from my own side with my full application to visa office.
Actually I don't want delays in my application thats why i send it.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
spiderman9010 said:
Dear People,,,

""""" Degree Certificates and Mark sheets. (Show evidence of academic accred for each institute)
Dont forget to send Academic Accredition of the University from where you have had your bachelors and masters degree. No submission of Accredition with your certificates and transcripts could shed deep suspicion on IO's mind and this could surely jeopardise your acceptance.

spiderman9010

Jan 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
Dont forget to send Academic Accredition of the University from where you have had your bachelors and masters degree. No submission of Accredition with your certificates and transcripts could shed deep suspicion on IO's mind and this could surely jeopardise your acceptance.
what do you think where and how I can get the letter for the Academic Accredition from the university, I work in Middle east and my universitites are in the Pakistan. Suggestions and comments are most welcome.

gujjar

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
spiderman,
Contact ur college/university and ask them if they r recognised by Higher Education Comission of Pakistan. We call it H.E.C., its head office is in Islamabad. The best thing I can recommend you is, You visit their site by writting h.e.c islamabad, pakistan in yahoo search. you will find there the list of all colleges/universities which are recognised by Govt. of Pakistan. If ur college/univ. is there or not, you may call at their phone numbers and ask about ur college/university status.
Second is u may get a print out of whole page where u find the list of recognised universities with their catagories. u may send that page to CIC.
seniors plz advice on my suggestions.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

spiderman9010 said:
what do you think where and how I can get the letter for the Academic Accredition from the university, I work in Middle east and my universitites are in the Pakistan. Suggestions and comments are most welcome.
See the HEC list http://www.hec.gov.pk/OurInstitutes/Pages/Default.aspx and then contact the school.

PMM