+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Application Receipt

umerrasheed

Oct 16, 2017
Hi

My firm applied for my temporary visa (work visa) online via the LMIA process.
I was sent a letter by the lawyer requesting biometric data collection from the nearest VAC. However, the VAC requires the application receipt as well.
I contacted the lawyer and she stated that she has not received the application receipt online and she has contacted CIC.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Do you have any idea how long this will take.
Thanks in advance.

umerrasheed

Oct 16, 2017
Hi

Thanks for the reply. The VAC insists the 'automatic confirmation letter' is required. However, my firm's lawyer states that she cannot download this letter from the online account and has contacted CIC via Case Specific Enquiry. I don't understand how come the automatic confirmation letter is not available for download
By reading the link below, I think it should be a simple process.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=334&top=23
Kindly advise on this.

Last edited:

umerrasheed

Oct 16, 2017
Hi Ahamdi

Thanks a lot for your reply. It means a lot. I checked with the lawyer, she said she cannot view any other message besides Biometric Request. Is this "Confirmation Letter" generated right away after application submission or does it take some time. Do you know how much it normally takes? Its been a week since I have received the Biometric Request.
Thanks a lot again for all your replies.