+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIBC GIC is better

aryansood89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
12-12-2019
What about the GIC receipt? Did they send a CIBC receipt or a receipt of the bank in Mumbai where they have vostro account. I will be transferring funds in two days. Just have this concern. Thanks
Nope after you send the payment you will receive the gic certificate within 24 hours if everything is fine..

susanjoy

Jul 19, 2019
You only need to fill transaction reference number account number from which amount is transferred , Bank name and address and your signature and date only...
Hi,
I was unable to transfer the money within the time to CIBC account. Today is the deadline. Will I be able to re-initiate the same again.? Pls help

mayankraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
india
I made the payment to CIBC on Thursday i.e. on September 12. I emailed the form A2 as well. I received a mail yesterday confirming that they have received the A2 form and said they will confirm my wire transfer now. Haven't heard from them since. Do they work on Saturday?
Also they never asked for our passport picture right?

aryansood89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
12-12-2019
I made the payment to CIBC on Thursday i.e. on September 12. I emailed the form A2 as well. I received a mail yesterday confirming that they have received the A2 form and said they will confirm my wire transfer now. Haven't heard from them since. Do they work on Saturday?
Also they never asked for our passport picture right?
You will get on Monday and they do not ask passport picture just the details are required for account creation..

overcomers

Sep 12, 2019
They gave their account number in Standard Chartered Bank Mumbai, 22205246652. Did you all transfer to this account? Will they sent intimation to Canadian High Commission as Scotia bank does?

aryansood89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
12-12-2019
They gave their account number in Standard Chartered Bank Mumbai, 22205246652. Did you all transfer to this account? Will they sent intimation to Canadian High Commission as Scotia bank does?
Yes this is the account number and what information sending to Canadian high commission?

overcomers

Sep 12, 2019
What I meant is, when Scotia bank sends the receipt to us, they also send an intimation to the Canadian High Commission. I read that in their website or letter. CIBC says no such thing. In short, I wanted to make sure CIBC certificate (GIC) is readily accepted by the Canadian High Commission in India. Since some of you have got your visas and are already in Canada, I thought to ask this questions. Thanks

aryansood89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
12-12-2019
What I meant is, when Scotia bank sends the receipt to us, they also send an intimation to the Canadian High Commission. I read that in their website or letter. CIBC says no such thing. In short, I wanted to make sure CIBC certificate (GIC) is readily accepted by the Canadian High Commission in India. Since some of you have got your visas and are already in Canada, I thought to ask this questions. Thanks
They send us welcome letter and investment advice after receiving payment..
The investment advice is used in applying for visa..Also it is easily accepted by cic.. Have you created CIBC account?

overcomers

Sep 12, 2019
Two more important questions: 1. Since the transfer is RTGS/NEFT in Indian currency, how can we ask our local bank to sign and stamp the the declaration form concerning foreign exchange? 2. Form A2: Since our local bank does the transaction in Indian currency, how can we write their name, AD code No. etc., on form A2? Can anyone who already transferred clarify? Thanks

aryansood89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
12-12-2019
Two more important questions: 1. Since the transfer is RTGS/NEFT in Indian currency, how can we ask our local bank to sign and stamp the the declaration form concerning foreign exchange? 2. Form A2: Since our local bank does the transaction in Indian currency, how can we write their name, AD code No. etc., on form A2? Can anyone who already transferred clarify? Thanks
Mandatory fields that must be filled out on the A2 form include:

a- RTGS/NEFT Reference Number (Page 3)

b- Bank and Branch name (Page 3)

c- Account Number (Page 3)

Please note that this must be the account number for which the payment is originating from.

d- Payer’s signature (Page 4)

Fill in the above mentioned details only and send it to the emails given in instruction letter..

Jul 5, 2019
Hi, I am trying to register CIBC SCB account with citi for RTGS payment. What should be account type i need to select.

I need to select whether is "savings" or "current"
and
whether it is "domestic","nre" or "nro".