n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
amamh said:
What's bad about the EE system !?? it's amazing. It's so easy to work with it online and processing time is way shorter than the old system !
for lots of reasons EE system is glitchy. processing time is shorter but waiting time is still there. Example before u submitted ur application and waited now they wont take ur application and make u wait. so no difference there unless ur a lucky one who fits in their flawed criteria .

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
mead said:
no i was talking about canada not EU is a different animal. I feel all NDP , liberals would have kept in place all the security measures as Canada in most cases imitates US so security is not an issue. in EU they have no choice refugees are at the gates. in canada thats not the case
Ok. I just wanted to be clear. Btw what's your CRS?

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
mead said:
for lots of reasons EE system is glitchy. processing time is shorter but waiting time is still there. Example before u submitted ur application and waited now they wont take ur application and make u wait. so no difference there unless ur a lucky one who fits in their flawed criteria .
Flawed Criteria you say? How?? Flawed when it comes to those in Canada and not to those outside Canada. Before you could PM in two years and now you get it in 6 months or even less.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ETE said:
Flawed Criteria you say? How?? Flawed when it comes to those in Canada and not to those outside Canada. Before you could PM in two years and now you get it in 6 months or even less.
i have explained it on many threads. EE wants 21 year olds with 40 years of experience and english language ability even canadians(old stock canadians) wont have. No regards to profession NOC . I dont want to continue the same discussion again.

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
cupcakes said:
Any more recent news on what the Liberals plan to do on restoring time credit? I know before the law was changed, that we had 50% of time spent before PR that would have counted towards residency requirements (e.g, 3 years before PR would mean 1.5 years counted towards residency). Would be so good to have that back at the very least.
Why do you want to become permanent resident of Canada if you don't intend to live here. People like me (Graduated university here plus 3 years work experience) have it very difficult to stay here while their applications are being processed etc... If you don't want to be permanently here, then don't take the chance from people who call Canada their home already.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
cxf476 said:
lol yes he went in express entry style good riddance.

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
mead said:
i have explained it on many threads. EE wants 21 year olds with 40 years of experience and english language ability even canadians(old stock canadians) wont have. No regards to profession NOC . I dont want to continue the same discussion again.
I see, if you put out an opinion then be ready to defend it.
I know several people who are in their mid to late twenties with at least 1 year work experience and who scored the highest possible points for IELTS and CLB. These people have a CRS of 450 and above, which makes them eligible for any ITA draw. I get the criterias aren't everyone's cup of tea, but to say it is flawed doesn't hold water.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
ETE said:
I know several people who are in their mid to late twenties with at least 1 year work experience and who scored the highest possible points for IELTS and CLB. These people have a CRS of 450 and above, which makes them eligible for any ITA draw. I get the criterias aren't everyone's cup of tea, but to say it is flawed doesn't hold water.
A person with Canadian Bachelor, 1 year experience in Canada, Max out CLB, <30 years old gets 444 points.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRfromfaraway said:
Why do you want to become permanent resident of Canada if you don't intend to live here. People like me (Graduated university here plus 3 years work experience) have it very difficult to stay here while their applications are being processed etc... If you don't want to be permanently here, then don't take the chance from people who call Canada their home already.
no one said they dont want to live in Canada. Having the time credit restored means it'll help meet the criteria to apply for citizenship sooner, that would indicate people want to stay

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
mf4361 said:
A person with Canadian Bachelor, 1 year experience in Canada, Max out CLB, <30 years old gets 444 points.
I agree with this. I dunno why, but I feel like if one is willing to spend 5 years in university and then chooses to work in Canada, while uncertain of his future (PGWP to PR transition), he shows enough qualifications and intent to stay in Canada. Hence, delaying that person his PR and Citizenship is just absurd. I mean, most of us at 444 will hopefully get it soon, but making it all uncertain is just a pain in the backside.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nuksyed said:
I agree with this. I dunno why, but I feel like if one is willing to spend 5 years in university and then chooses to work in Canada, while uncertain of his future (PGWP to PR transition), he shows enough qualifications and intent to stay in Canada. Hence, delaying that person his PR and Citizenship is just absurd. I mean, most of us at 444 will hopefully get it soon, but making it all uncertain is just a pain in the backside.
5 years to get a bachelor? usually can get a masters in 5 years, that would bump up the points to above 450 along with good English scores and 1 year of experience.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
Absolute horseshit. They take now only 450 points + people with Ontario PT nomination or job offers.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
purplesnow said:
no one said they dont want to live in Canada. Having the time credit restored means it'll help meet the criteria to apply for citizenship sooner, that would indicate people want to stay
Exactly. A PR will get his citizenship either way, so making him or her wait 6-7 years, when they have already spent 6-7 years in Canada for their PR is ABSURD. One of the greatest benefits of the Citizenship is the ability to travel freely. Making me wait 14 years does not allow me to do that in my prime age.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ETE said:
its definitely flawed there is no visibility for NOC or profession. Just age english and experience. That experience could be anything . so if all young cooks apply middle age nurses may not get ITA if they have same english language ability. Leave LMIA aside for a moment . Will EE handle influx of all cooks but no nurses or any other profession? Answer is no because EE doesnt see NOC /profession. There are a lot of flaws in the system. Since ur on the positive side u dont see it.