+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chris Alexander out of office

qx43

Aug 23, 2015
purplesnow said:
Received the following this morning, may help show what the new government is intending to do:

What you need to know about our new government and immigration:
“A Liberal government will restore compassion to the immigration system…residents applying for immigration status [will] receive timely and accurate service and access to appeals through the Immigration and Refugee Board.”
Commitments from the Liberal Party of Canada on Immigration:
• Ensuring a permanent pathway to citizenship
• Reinstating the Interim Federal Health Program
• Repealing elements of C-24 that create second-class citizens
• Working with provinces and credential recognition bodies to ensure that new immigrants work in their field
• 25,000 refugees from Syria and Iraq
• An additional $100 million this fiscal year to increase refugee processing
• An immediate $100 million new contribution to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees
• TFW program:
-create more pathways to citizenship for foreign workers
-call in the Auditor-General to review the program
-strengthen the Labour Market Opinion process
-disclose which jobs are being offered to temporary foreign workers in each community
-require every employer to undertake an exhaustive search for Canadian workers first, particularly young workers
Based on the last three lines in the section for TFW program it seems like it might get harder for economic migrants?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qx43 said:
Based on the last three lines in the section for TFW program it seems like it might get harder for economic migrants?
looks like a positive for refugees and family reunification cases but much the same for other immigration streams. It does look like it'll get tougher for foreign workers to get jobs but that's in line with Canadian sentiment at the minute, they want to ensure Canadians get jobs first. Which I can't argue with. I did read somewhere else that they plan to re-instate the time credit given to those of us who worked here before becoming PR to go towards citizen requirements which would also be a positive change. But other than that I don't see them making much changes in regards to economic immigration.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
qx43 said:
well yes seems like it but i think its more difficult getting TFW and easier PR if u have TFW . fingers crossed we will have to wait and see

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
looks like a positive for refugees and family reunification cases but much the same for other immigration streams. It does look like it'll get tougher for foreign workers to get jobs but that's in line with Canadian sentiment at the minute, they want to ensure Canadians get jobs first. Which I can't argue with. I did read somewhere else that they plan to re-instate the time credit given to those of us who worked here before becoming PR to go towards citizen requirements which would also be a positive change. But other than that I don't see them making much changes in regards to economic immigration.
That is indeed Mr Trudeau's and Liberal position - to reinstate time credit for those who have spent time here working prior to being granted PR. It was an unnecessary and punitive action taken by Conservatives to remove it in the first place IMO.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
purplesnow said:
yes we will have to wait and see when EE was being proposed they said it will benefit people who have jobs and r skilled which when in actual turned out a little different with LMIA requirement. so they say one thing and happens a little different.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pziegler1986 said:
That is indeed Mr Trudeau's and Liberal position - to reinstate time credit for those who have spent time here working prior to being granted PR. It was an unnecessary and punitive action taken by Conservatives to remove it in the first place IMO.
yeah I didn't really see the benefit in removing it, except to collect a few more years taxes from people before they'd be allowed to vote against them..

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
only thing that bothers me is everything is in a flux again. with EE it started in jan 2015 too much uncertainty .

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purplesnow said:
Reinstating the time credit would be GREAT! We were talking about that this morning and hoping they might consider it, but we hadn't read anything about it.

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
I wish they just change the Province nomination program requirements to some occupations. IMHO Those regulations at some point will need to be less stricter. They can use WES or some of the other bodies to get an assessment e.g 1111 (Financial Auditors & Accountant) and not asking for a license straight away.

Another point to consider is that if they want people under this NOC and having a license at the time of application , they will need to habilitate test center to take the remaining subjects needed. Or at least be more flexible getting registration and later on while in Canada finish the remaining to get fully certification.

I guess there are many people who got rejected applying to some of the Province this 2015.

Cheers guys

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all posts say that changes were promised for citizenship path..

nobody said about pr, so is it gonna be beneficial for us, who are still waiting on their temp permits :-X

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Pearl1 said:

nobody said about pr, so is it gonna be beneficial for us, who are still waiting on their temp permits :-X
no one can tell still very new government lets hope they bring about positive changes.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Pearl1 said:

Little about economic class immigration as LPC focuses more on refugee and family class in their policy.

For TFW, "hire Canadians before hire locals" will still be with us, although quite possibly a lesser extent and better system to get through red tapes.

There's gonna be changes to CEC, likely making it easier.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
But really, striking out a "star" politician, cabinet minister and incumbent by a large margin is quite a humiliation. Kudos to our Canadians friends in Ajax.