+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chinese Visa - Support Letters - Sponsor and Applicant

steveoo

Mar 19, 2011
Hello....has anyone ever used support letters from friends and Individuals of the Sponsor and the Applicant stating that this is a Genuine Marriage, Good People, Hard working, these kind of things???
Does anyone have an authorative view on this or an opinion about it???
We have also added a letter from an Ontario MPP and the Mayor of the Village where I live!
Does anyone believe if these are positive letters, would these letters have an impact on the Application???

Thank You
Steve & Li Juan

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
People often send in support letters. The writer should explain how they know the couple, and state that he/she believes it is a genuine relationship because ...
The visa officer is most worried about whether the relationship is genuine, so the writers should address that issue. Adding that you are a good, hard-working person is not necessay, but won't hurt!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Canadianwoman is correct. Lots of people use such letters, we had several in my package, including from my mother, my brothers and their wives, all of whom have met and spent time with my husband and myself, together and separately. We also included a note my father-in-law wrote before he died, giving his blessing to my husband when he came to Jamaica to meet me, and wishing us happiness.

Make sure everyone states how they know each of you, and what they think of your relationship. They don't need to be long letters, just sincere ones :)

the luckiest guy

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
I didn't use it when I sponsored my wife and she is Chinese. Not only that but she has received her PR status but we haven't left China yet. Our relationship is real and we proved it by living together for almost 2 yrs, dating for 3 yrs and being married for just over a yr. We send screen shots of pictures that our friends have posted online and pointed out the websites so they could log on and see for themselves. I did have letters from my family but that was to prove that I as going back after she gets her PR.

Adamantya

Feb 15, 2011
Is proof of extended period (3 years) of living together, plus photos and a couple plane tickets enough evidence? We were thinking of getting family and friends to write letters, but are in a bit of a rush to get the application mailed, so are thinking about just listing references (name, phone number and email address) instead. Would that be useful? Or is it necessary to have hard copy letters?

thanks~

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
References would not be useful, in my opinion. You could try sending friends and family an email request. I'd be happy to share the letter I wrote. Most wrote me back fairly quickly and I just printed them out. I did have to have two that were notarized (these were required because we were not married) and they took a bit longer to get.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The visa officer won't check email addresses or websites, so I think a list of references wouldn't help. If you are common law, you need two notarized letters of support. If you are married, you don't need any. But sending in a few is a good idea. They can be printed out emails, for married applicants.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
We have also added a letter from an Ontario MPP and the Mayor of the Village where I live!
I'm not sure how far this will help you. It's more about a testimony of people that know you well as a couple. If the mayor and the MPP are good friends of you and your spouse, that will work. If they do not know you at all, it won't help you.

we simply provided four letters from individuals (friends and colleagues) that knew about our relationship right from the start. small paragraph about the person, relationship to the sponsor/spouse, supporting line (that based in their best knowledge the relationship is genuine), including (company)email address and phone number.

no questions from beijing were ask and everything went smoothly...

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
Is proof of extended period (3 years) of living together, plus photos and a couple plane tickets enough evidence? We were thinking of getting family and friends to write letters, but are in a bit of a rush to get the application mailed, so are thinking about just listing references (name, phone number and email address) instead. Would that be useful? Or is it necessary to have hard copy letters?
being in a rush to have the application sent out is not a good start. it might depend on your specific situation and also processing location. however, in any case your application needs to be quite waterproof.
yes, you'd better provide hard copies rather than a list of references. waiting an additional week to get the supporting letters probably won't hurt you and is time well spent...