+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

China Police Clearance notarized

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
Hi all, I was in China Chongqing for one year as a student and I got the police clearance certificate from Chongqing city Exit entry administartive bureau. Now I need to get it translate and notarized in China. With the covid situation I cannot get it done from Chongqing city notary public office. Can I get it translated and notarized in any other China city?

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Thank you very much for your reply. Will it be accepted by IRCC? Police clearance report is from Chongqing and notarized translation is from another city in China?
I was a Chinese citizen and I got a family member that worked as a chief officer of the entry & exit administrative bureau in my city. But it was a small city and I always took all the documents to a bigger city where I lived to be notarized and translated. IRCC accepted them just fine. Don't worry about that, as long as they are done right.

Reactions: Chathu Fernando

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
I was a Chinese citizen and I got a family member that worked as a chief officer of the entry & exit administrative bureau in my city. But it was a small city and I always took all the documents to a bigger city where I lived to be notarized and translated. IRCC accepted them just fine. Don't worry about that, as long as they are done right.
Thanks a lot. Such a relief. Getting China PCC was a big hassle after all. I'm processing my Wuhan police clearance report where I studied for another 2 years and my friend in Wuhan is helping me to do it. I will send my Chongqing PCC to him and let him do the notarization from Wuhan. Hope the Wuhan city notary public office will accept to do it. Thank again friend.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Thanks a lot. Such a relief. Getting China PCC was a big hassle after all. I'm processing my Wuhan police clearance report where I studied for another 2 years and my friend in Wuhan is helping me to do it. I will send my Chongqing PCC to him and let him do the notarization from Wuhan. Hope the Wuhan city notary public office will accept to do it. Thank again friend.
No worries, glad to help. However, if you are in China it's always better if you can go to the notary public office yourself. I know for a fact that some offices in China will ask you to do that.

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
No worries, glad to help. However, if you are in China it's always better if you can go to the notary public office yourself. I know for a fact that some offices in China will ask you to do that.
Unfortunately I'm now in my country and it's impossible me to go there. I found one agent who is doing it as a representative, but the cost is very high. Hope my friend can get it done with my authorization letter. If not have to pay and let the agent do it. No any other option for me now.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Unfortunately I'm now in my country and it's impossible me to go there. I found one agent who is doing it as a representative, but the cost is very high. Hope my friend can get it done with my authorization letter. If not have to pay and let the agent do it. No any other option for me now.
Well, if there's a certified mandarin-English translator in your current city than he or she can do it where you are. Doesn't have to be done by a Chinese notary public office.

Chathu Fernando

Dec 1, 2020
Really grateful for these info. For a foreigner it's very hard to find these kind of info. I tried for days to find out is it ok to get PSB issued PCC notarised and translated from another city.

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Exactly. Can proceed other things with clear mind.
Hello Chathu. I hope you got the documents without any trouble. We are in the same situation now and it would be would be great if you can provide me some help. We need to get a police clearance certificate from China for my husband as he did his PhD in China, Beijing. We contact with an agency and they told us since September 2020, China government is asking a PCC request letter from RICC to provide a police certificate. Did you provide a request letter from immigration Canada to get the certificate? Can you please also share the information of agency you went through? I found the agency that we contacted from google search and I am not sure how trustable they are...
Thank you in advance :)

ennaroe23

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hi all, I was in China Chongqing for one year as a student and I got the police clearance certificate from Chongqing city Exit entry administartive bureau. Now I need to get it translate and notarized in China. With the covid situation I cannot get it done from Chongqing city notary public office. Can I get it translated and notarized in any other China city?
Hi there, may I ask how you got the Police clearance in China? Did you get in person?