Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-19-2012 and July 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
Note: Dependent had to be re-applied for in July 2013. Doc request on Sep-19-2013
Nomination.....
Second PPR Sep-19-2013
AOR Received.
DM1 Aug-28-2012/DM 1 Aug 21-2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2012, repeat X-rays requested April 30, 2013. Complete new Medical July 2013
Interview........
Waived/Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-22-2012 and second time on Sep 19-2013
VISA ISSUED...
May-29-2013 Decision Made on e-cas (DM2), and second time on January 14, 2013 June 7, 2013 COPR received, June 10,2013 COPR Returned to VO for correction, June 23, 2013 COPR received back, no correction made. Second COPR received January 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed July 5, 2013 (Spouse); Flagpole Landing for Dependent on Mar 14, 2014 PR Card Received Aug 1, 2014
COPR received for the second time last Sunday. We had sent it back for corrections to our daughters visa. They refused and returned them both. Well at least it was prompt and we can get on with our reunion. We have to apply for our daughter's PR separately however. So watch out - if you check dependent "non-accompanying", this actually means not immigrating with the principal applicant (even if your daughter is already in Canada and doesn't need to "accompany" by the dictionary definition of the word). Too bad the system is so bureaucratic that nobody bothers to ask us- "you paid all the correct fees and we asked for your daughters passport, but did you know if you do this it means ..."

Flight booked for July 5.

YJ88888

Apr 5, 2013
VISA APPROVED!! :D

It has been hair raising experience with BJ VO. There were four sponsorship applicants waiting to be interview. No one pass the interview that day. All four applicants were DECLINED including my wife.

My wife was scheduled for her interview on June 06, 2013 at 9 am but waited till 13:30 pm before she was called in to the room. She was interviewed for 1:45 minutes till 15:45 pm. :( She came out crying that the Visa Officer told her that she did not pass.

I returned to Vancouver, BC and was ready to make an Appeal case. There is a time limit of 30 days upon receiving the Refusal letter. On June 21, 2013, I submitted the Appeal Application to Immigration Appeal Division (IAD).

Then tonight at midnight Vancouver time about 15:00 BJ time. I received a call from BJ VO from the VO whom interviewed my wife, says that she has reviewed the whole file and has APPROVED her case. The VO asked for her passport back for VISA ISSUING. I was totally stunned; nevertheless, we are very happy and excited.

Hopefully, no one should go through this drama like we did. Thanks everyone for all your supports and comments. I will still be on the forum.

Good luck ALL! :)

FlashG

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Note: Dependent had to be re-applied for in July 2013. Doc request on Sep-19-2013
Nomination.....
Second PPR Sep-19-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Feb 2012, repeat X-rays requested April 30, 2013. Complete new Medical July 2013
Interview........
Waived/Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May-29-2013 Decision Made on e-cas (DM2), and second time on January 14, 2013 June 7, 2013 COPR received, June 10,2013 COPR Returned to VO for correction, June 23, 2013 COPR received back, no correction made. Second COPR received January 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Landed July 5, 2013 (Spouse); Flagpole Landing for Dependent on Mar 14, 2014 PR Card Received Aug 1, 2014
Congratulations!!

Have you received your COPR yet and when is your wife planning to land?

FlashG

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Does anyone have any experience with case specific enquiries?
We have requested one and of course, no answer yet. Since the VO in Beijing never answers the phone or replies to e-mail, there is just no way of knowing anything! :mad:

The office has been holding my wife's passport since late March. Four months later, on July 16th, our e-cas was changed to "in process". Is it possible that from late March until mid-July, absolutley nothing had been done with regards to my file?!?

I really hope people continue contributing to this thread. It would be nice to hear of approvals during this time, as it's good to know that some people are still working in the office!

FlashG

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Second PPR Sep-19-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived/Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gongdi said:
Does anyone have any experience with case specific enquiries?
We have requested one and of course, no answer yet. Since the VO in Beijing never answers the phone or replies to e-mail, there is just no way of knowing anything! :mad:

The office has been holding my wife's passport since late March. Four months later, on July 16th, our e-cas was changed to "in process". Is it possible that from late March until mid-July, absolutley nothing had been done with regards to my file?!?

I really hope people continue contributing to this thread. It would be nice to hear of approvals during this time, as it's good to know that some people are still working in the office!
Hi,

Yes, I had sent in 4 or 5 CSE (case specific enquiries)to Beijing in the past 9 months. About 2 were answered. The Beijing office held my wife and daughter's passports for about 6 1/2 months. Got them back just as the strikes started.

Take note that even if you think nothing is being done on your file, there may very well be some action you do not know about. For example background security checks can take some time if they involve other countries - even Canada. These are different than the police clearances which are fairly standard.

Is there anything unusual about your application that could cause extra time ? (e.g. dependents, having lived outside of China for a period, previous marriages etc.)

Besides CSE you can also do an online ATIP (Access to Information and Privacy) request for electronic information concerning your wife's file. The service standard to get that back is 30 days, although I don't know how the strike may affect this. An ATIP does not answer all questions (for example security check information is redacted - blacked out) but may give you some confidence if you see no red flag issues.

Best of luck

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
FlashG said:
Hi,

Yes, I had sent in 4 or 5 CSE (case specific enquiries)to Beijing in the past 9 months. About 2 were answered. The Beijing office held my wife and daughter's passports for about 6 1/2 months. Got them back just as the strikes started.

Take note that even if you think nothing is being done on your file, there may very well be some action you do not know about. For example background security checks can take some time if they involve other countries - even Canada. These are different than the police clearances which are fairly standard.

Is there anything unusual about your application that could cause extra time ? (e.g. dependents, having lived outside of China for a period, previous marriages etc.)

Besides CSE you can also do an online ATIP (Access to Information and Privacy) request for electronic information concerning your wife's file. The service standard to get that back is 30 days, although I don't know how the strike may affect this. An ATIP does not answer all questions (for example security check information is redacted - blacked out) but may give you some confidence if you see no red flag issues.

Best of luck
My case seems fairly simple: married two years, have a shared baby with Canadian passport, we are the same age, have savings and have a complete application. The only odd thing is that when asking for the passport, they also asked for a copy of my wife's resume. It's unclear to me what they intended to do with it. That was 4 months ago.

FlashG

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
Second PPR Sep-19-2013
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived/Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gongdi said:
My case seems fairly simple: married two years, have a shared baby with Canadian passport, we are the same age, have savings and have a complete application. The only odd thing is that when asking for the passport, they also asked for a copy of my wife's resume. It's unclear to me what they intended to do with it. That was 4 months ago.
I think that must be a standard practice, to ask for a "resume". They asked for one both for my wife, and my step-daughter. They already have most the information in the application so that made me think it was for another government department who also is involved (perhaps Service Canada?) with immigration and just gathering data.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
hi everyone,

i just want to ask if it is normal for BJ VO ask for passport pretty early? on my e-case, it not even in process, just application received but I received letter asking for passport, photo, pay for PR fee and waybill. Does that mean I'm getting approved or still a long way to go?

Thanks guys

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
kkbaggio said:
hi everyone,

i just want to ask if it is normal for BJ VO ask for passport pretty early? on my e-case, it not even in process, just application received but I received letter asking for passport, photo, pay for PR fee and waybill. Does that mean I'm getting approved or still a long way to go?

Thanks guys
You have a looooong way to go. My wife's passport has been sitting around their office for 6 months. I don't know what they are doing (fondling it?) for so long.

So any China applicants have some good news??? Any recently issued PR stories to share? It would certainly be nice to hear of one. Not even my MP has been able to get through lately. :mad:

ireney

Jun 18, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
Doc's Request.
27-09-2013
AOR Received.
12-07-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
05-03-2014
Hi All

My husband and me are from Hong Kong.
Last year, he was relocation for work to beijing, China.
And I went with him. I have no job at that period.

And now, I was requested to provide the Police Check record for PRC.
Anyone knows if I am able to apply for that record ? As I don't hv job and I went to China by Visiting Visa.

If I can apply, anyone knows where I can apply ?
Should I go back to Shanghai / Beijing in person ?
As the working contract ended, we go back to HongKong now.

Pls advise if anyone knows. Thanks a lot.

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
when you apply for the police certificate, you must be in China or it will be a pain in the ass, go to a 公正所 as police station wont help you. It may be difficult as you have no job, you will need to go to the immigration centre (in China)to get your entry exit record as we are using entry exit card so there will be no stamp on our passport. They need that to check if you have done any bad thing in China. If you need any further information you can PM me. I have been thro all these. Good luck!

ireney said:
Hi All

My husband and me are from Hong Kong.
Last year, he was relocation for work to beijing, China.
And I went with him. I have no job at that period.

And now, I was requested to provide the Police Check record for PRC.
Anyone knows if I am able to apply for that record ? As I don't hv job and I went to China by Visiting Visa.

If I can apply, anyone knows where I can apply ?
Should I go back to Shanghai / Beijing in person ?
As the working contract ended, we go back to HongKong now.

Pls advise if anyone knows. Thanks a lot.

Chinkazus

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Hi and all the best to everyone here,

Does anyone have a scanned copy of a police certificate from China for my reference? With the name covered, of course. A friend of ours wants to help us to get one from Urumqi and we would like to see this document and show it to him. We are in Hong Kong.

Thanks a lot.

Swooshao

Jun 16, 2013
Chinkazus said:
Hi and all the best to everyone here,

Does anyone have a scanned copy of a police certificate from China for my reference? With the name covered, of course. A friend of ours wants to help us to get one from Urumqi and we would like to see this document and show it to him. We are in Hong Kong.

Thanks a lot.
The local police station should have a pattern already in there system. They just need to change the name, ID, and date.

Here is a couple links for template: (copy and paste since I can't post links)
wenku.baidu.com/view/5acd5dc33186bceb19e8bb1b.html
baike.fabang.com/doc-view-1088.html

Chinkazus

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Swooshao said:
The local police station should have a pattern already in there system. They just need to change the name, ID, and date.

Here is a couple links for template: (copy and paste since I can't post links)
wenku.baidu.com/view/5acd5dc33186bceb19e8bb1b.html
baike.fabang.com/doc-view-1088.html
Thank you very much. All the best to you.