+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Children's schooling whats is good time to reloacate to Toranto

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Qorax and all senior members,

First of all I am greatfull to all of you for all your advise which made me confident!!
I got my Passports stamped with Visa in April!!

I am planning to move to canada with my wife and two lovely daughters (they will be 8 & 6 by then)

Request your help to understand is there any specific time period to get the admissions, as I could see the September is school start date, If I go there by October -November, whether I face problem for their school admission or will thee be special cases for new immigrant to get inot school any time of the year

Please suggest!!

Also, Can I opt for any school for frist Year and once I settle down for next year can I look for a GOOD school after some reseach, will there be provion for school transfer

Thanks in advance to all !!

Nad

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
nadahmedk said:
Dear Qorax and all senior members,

First of all I am greatfull to all of you for all your advise which made me confident!!
I got my Passports stamped with Visa in April!!

I am planning to move to canada with my wife and two lovely daughters (they will be 8 & 6 by then)

Request your help to understand is there any specific time period to get the admissions, as I could see the September is school start date, If I go there by October -November, whether I face problem for their school admission or will thee be special cases for new immigrant to get inot school any time of the year

Please suggest!!

Also, Can I opt for any school for frist Year and once I settle down for next year can I look for a GOOD school after some reseach, will there be provion for school transfer

Thanks in advance to all !!

Nad
Hi nadahmedk,

As far as the school joining is concerned, there should not be any issues as to when you are admitting your child, as all public schools will admit your child which ever month you join them. The grade they will join will be based on their age at the time of joining, ex your 8 yr old will be admitted to the 3rd Grade and your 6yr old will be admitted to the 1st Grade.

If you are looking into the option of joining them in the Public school both of your kids will be joining the Elementary school and the area of residence will depend on which school they will be going to. It is therefore important that you select your residence based on the school district which is good.

Hope this helps.

Max

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear MAx,

Thanks a lot!!! I am in relief to know I can come anytime.

Please suggest which school district will be good, as I dont know anything!!

Also, it is nice to know you have landed already in Canada with NOC 0213

I am also in same category, actually a IT project manager in India.

Please suggest how r the jopb options there!! Have you got into already!!

Thanks,
Nad

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
nadahmedk said:
Dear MAx,

Thanks a lot!!! I am in relief to know I can come anytime.

Please suggest which school district will be good, as I dont know anything!!

Also, it is nice to know you have landed already in Canada with NOC 0213

I am also in same category, actually a IT project manager in India.

Please suggest how r the jopb options there!! Have you got into already!!

Thanks,
Nad
Hi,

Unfortunately I do not know about any school district in Canada as my family & myself are in the US. You can google about the school district if you know which city you are planning to settle down, one good thing in US & Canada is all the results as well as school rankings are published on various school district / State school websites and these are accessable for the public, so a little search from your side would do your kids a world of good.

As far as job is concerned I am well placed in the US and hence did not pursue any job search for the time being in Canada, maybe if required I will opt for a transfer to my company's Canadian branch, that too only as the last resort to save my PR. I have seen there are some hiring going on for the IT Positions in Canada though not as good as it used to be 3-4 years back, but the economy in general is much better now than what is used to be say a year before. I have also heard people in the forum mention if you do not have Canadian experience its difficult to get a job, but as far as IT sector goes, if you have some global project experience I think you will stand a very good chance.

Are you employed in any Multi-national in India? reason I am asking that because that experience will be really helpful.

Max

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Max,
Thanks for your advise!!

Yes I do have global experience, I was in GE for about 6 years of which was in US for an Year.
Also, I have worked with European clients and have worked in Gulf.

Please suggest if you have any contacts of good consultants

Thanks,
Nad