File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hello,
according to the CIC site:

"Adults and children aged 14 or over must go to the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.
Parents will get certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. Children under age 14 do not have to go, but they are welcome to do so."

I also read on the same site that the citizenship certificates are usually mailed to minors.

Does it mean that children will receive the citizenship certificate together with their parents if they attend the ceremony or the certificates will be mailed to them?

Could you please share your experience?

Thank you in advance for all the inputs.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If children come to the ceremony, they get their certificate when their name is called. Everybody lines up, your name is called and you go and get your certificate from the judge.

However, if your kid makes a noise during ceremony, he or she may have to exit the room and not come back. If you leave the room to take a break, you cannot come back. Usually it is the judge who makes that call, but when I went to the ceremony, a little kid was making noise next to his father pulling his arm, so an employee at the ceremony told the kid and his father to exit and not come back. They would then have to do the oath and get the certificates later.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Nordicgirl said:
If children come to the ceremony, they get their certificate when their name is called. Everybody lines up, your name is called and you go and get your certificate from the judge.

However, if your kid makes a noise during ceremony, he or she may have to exit the room and not come back. If you leave the room to take a break, you cannot come back. Usually it is the judge who makes that call, but when I went to the ceremony, a little kid was making noise next to his father pulling his arm, so an employee at the ceremony told the kid and his father to exit and not come back. They would then have to do the oath and get the certificates later.
Thank you very much for your reply, Nordicgirl.

ss_ss

Oct 10, 2013
I was attended to the Ceremony last week without my son.I got both certificates at the same time.