January 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
IELTS Request
January 2012 with application package
File Transfer...
August 2013
Hi All,

I am a Canadian PR and presently here with my three kids. Initially I have 5 but when my visa was issued I was told if i should use the visa I will not be able to sponsor them again under my regular program SWP.

I was really in a hurry to leave the country because i had some issues and adding them will mean I will wait for their CSQ and other document that will take a minimum of 1 year. So I used my visa without declaring them to the CIC.

Now I am in position to sponsor them and do not know how to go about that. I have call Immigration Quebec and they have referred me to CIC. What are my chances of them accepting me to sponsoring my remaining kids and how can I go about that. What can I tell them to convince them ?

Please your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Since you didn’t declare them, you won’t be able to sponsor them. IRCC no longer considers them family members. And there is a risk you have jeapordized your own status by committing misrepresentation. You’ve created a bit of a mess in your haste to leave.

Maboy

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Cameroon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
IELTS Request
January 2012 with application package
File Transfer...
August 2013
Since you didn’t declare them, you won’t be able to sponsor them. IRCC no longer considers them family members. And there is a risk you have jeapordized your own status by committing misrepresentation. You’ve created a bit of a mess in your haste to leave.
Thanks for reply. So what are my options ?