+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Children Sponsorship Stopped - Ready to start

JAman55

Nov 20, 2019
Looking help with child sponsorship.

Background. I'm a permanent resident since end of 2015. I was sponsored by my wife in Canada. All 3 of my kids were on the application to come here. They were just getting ready to do medical. We didn't expect everything to move that fast and stopped their portion of the file. As we had a one bedroom basement apartment and I was not working. The lawyer at the time said it was ok, they would not be accompanying and that I could start back their file as its saved for 5 years with immigration.

Fast forward- My wife and I have separated 5 months now. I've been working 3 years fulltime with same company. I will be getting a 3 bedroom apartment for February 2020. 2 girls in one room and son in one room.

Where do I start to get them here. I called immigration and they took nothing from me to look at my file. Instead they asked what i was calling for.. They listened put me on hold and then sent me an email (pasted below) after what I explained.

Has anyone else been in this problem before. Did they give me the right forms. Addon doesn't sound right. Please help...

Add-on - Application to sponsor a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child .
When you have a sponsorship application in process, a family member of the person being sponsored could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario:

and

• The add-on request including:
    • your name,
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • your file number,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Add on doesn't sound right, but the call centre rarely knows what to do.

Did your children undergo medical tests and everything necessary as non accompanying dependents? Or when you "paused" their files, did you sign a statement saying you would not sponsor them?

As you are now a PR, you will now need to sponsor your children. They will require a new PR application on their own with you as the sponsor.

If they were not medically examined or processed as non accompanying dependents, you may have other challenges.

JAman55

Nov 20, 2019
Add on doesn't sound right, but the call centre rarely knows what to do.

Did your children undergo medical tests and everything necessary as non accompanying dependents? Or when you "paused" their files, did you sign a statement saying you would not sponsor them?

As you are now a PR, you will now need to sponsor your children. They will require a new PR application on their own with you as the sponsor.

If they were not medically examined or processed as non accompanying dependents, you may have other challenges.
I called twice and the second time I waited 40 minutes and then the call was disconnected.

When the file was paused they did everything else up until that point. Medical was next. The lawyer said they were still on file just not coming to Canada and when i was ready i could start back up as it would be on hold for 5 years. I did not sign any form or anything to say I would not sponsor them.

So on the new application do I use the UCI/application numbers they already have.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Did they do the medicals?

You can't really "pause" a child's application, and if they were not medically examined, you may not be permitted to sponsor them.

You can use their UCI from the earlier applications, but you need more details. Literally at the top of the application form is a question where you have to indicate if the person was named as non accompanying but was medically examined.