Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
09-may -2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2017
LANDED..........
INSH ALLAH in 2018
My children application for citizenship ship was return due to the passport did not cover the full time period of staying in canada and was expired last year now they are asking for other passport but we have not renewed their passport as we do not intend to travel what do do now .That is the only passports they have

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
There
My children application for citizenship ship was return due to the passport did not cover the full time period of staying in Canada and was expired last year now they are asking for other passport but we have not renewed their passport as we do not intend to travel what do do now .That is the only passports they have
You need to read the application guide carefully and I presume you applied under 5(2), from the application guide if the passport doesn't cover the entire 5 years periods or there is a gap between passports you just need to explain why. Did you explain why your son's passport didn't cover the 5 years period ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html
Question 8C
Indicate if the minor has held passports or travel documents in the five (5) year period before signing the application. The five (5) years period of review is the five (5) years prior to the date you sign the application. If the minor became a permanent resident more recently than five (5) years, the review period would start on the date they received permanent residence status.

If there are gaps of time between the validity of any passports or travel documents, explain why in the space provided.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
My children application for citizenship ship was return due to the passport did not cover the full time period of staying in canada and was expired last year now they are asking for other passport but we have not renewed their passport as we do not intend to travel what do do now .That is the only passports they have
Did this passport cover the eligibility period? If no, did you attach the older one ...the one before this expired one? It’s always best to explain gaps or overlaps in an loe ...if you don’t have the older one, explain in loe and say you why as well as not having plans of travelling, hence, not renewed. If you have it, attach and still explain in loe.

saneharish

Jul 6, 2019
There

You need to read the application guide carefully and I presume you applied under 5(2), from the application guide if the passport doesn't cover the entire 5 years periods or there is a gap between passports you just need to explain why. Did you explain why your son's passport didn't cover the 5 years period ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html
Question 8C
Indicate if the minor has held passports or travel documents in the five (5) year period before signing the application. The five (5) years period of review is the five (5) years prior to the date you sign the application. If the minor became a permanent resident more recently than five (5) years, the review period would start on the date they received permanent residence status.

If there are gaps of time between the validity of any passports or travel documents, explain why in the space provided.
Hi ,
Could you please answer my query ? Below is my scenario:

I'm applying for citizenship along with my 5 years old daughter under 5(2) category. My daughter passport was issued in Feb 2019 and she became PR in Jun 2021. While filling the online application at the question similar to 8(c) (paper application), it is throwing an error saying that explain the time gap between the dates from Jun 2018 to Feb 2019(Passport issue date) and not allowing me to proceed further.

Actually, my daughter never had a passport/travel document before Feb 2019. Could you please let me know what should be my explanation here?

Thanks in advance.