+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child support payments: Eligibility as a sponsor .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Of course, I understand. I just do not see how someone can determine if a marriage is genuine. Everyone has their own interpretation. I would think that having children together would be an indicator.

If someone is denied entry are they told the reason for the denial?
The entire basis of a spousal sponsorship app is proving a genuine relationship. IRCC officers are trained to review relationships to determine if they are genuine. Have a look at the appeals thread if you want to see apps refused for being non-genuine. Children do not indicate a genuine relationship.

Kristianfromcanada

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
I am looking for some advice or help with my situation. I am currently in the early stages of applying to sponsor my husband to Canada. I am Canadian, and he is Egyptian. I have been married before and must pay my ex-husband Child Support Payments. I have kept my support payments up to date, but when I was without a job, I was not able to pay for Child Support, and therefore I went into default.
I was reading that, if I am in default with my child support payments that I am not eligible to sponsor my husband.
But now, I am making an agreement and repayment schedule as I am not able to pay all the arrears in one time. Where does that leave me? Am I still able to sponsor my husband? What sort of proof is needed that I am making payments and also payments on arrears owed?
Thanks for your help in advance.
It would appear as though your not in default anymore which is good. I'm pretty sure the officers involved with your file understand certain things in life occur but your honesty about it is important. You may have to show your repayment schedule from maintenance and bank statements showing the said payments are coming out of your accoun . That should suffice but I'm no expert.

Mandi1968

Sep 11, 2022
If you have no outstanding/late payment with FRO you should be fine. Even if you are on a repayment plan with FRO due to previously owed money but you are not behind on those payments you should be fine. Just gather all the information and try to apply.
On your application, make sure you specify not to continue with your sponsorship application if sponsor part is rejected, in this way you only risk 75$. Good luck
Sashali I need your help I to im trying to apply for my husband but I’m making child support payments on time as well did you put yes or no for question 15?