+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Sponsorship

Bebekoh31

Mar 16, 2018
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and I noticed that you can help me on my problem about child sponsorship. Hope you can help me through your comments and advice. I have a child in Philippines that I want to bring here. That child was given to us by a friend of friend of my husband's friend since she was pregnant and deliver the baby(newborn) because the mother cannot support the needs of the child and she was also ill due to her sickness. Since we don't have a baby yet with my husband, we accepted the baby under my sister's care because me and my husband is living here in Canada. (PR status). Now the child is 2 years old, and thinking if we can bring him here in Canada. We got him birth certificate and passport and listed us to be his legal parents because since born, we act as a parents for him. We support him financially, doing skype every night before sleep, just like a mother-father-daughter relationship. And we are so happy and contented that now he knows how to speak calling us mom and dad. Even though we are here in Canada, and our child is in the Philippines, we always have time for him to say hi and hello. We didn't see him yet in personal because we have no chance to go back in Philippines because of our job. But this year, we were going back home to see and hug my only one child but after that, were planning to bring him here in Canada. Do you think I could apply him under Child - Family sponsorship? Thank's for your answer.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Pretty sure you must go through legal adoption process first.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and I noticed that you can help me on my problem about child sponsorship. Hope you can help me through your comments and advice. I have a child in Philippines that I want to bring here. That child was given to us by a friend of friend of my husband's friend since she was pregnant and deliver the baby(newborn) because the mother cannot support the needs of the child and she was also ill due to her sickness. Since we don't have a baby yet with my husband, we accepted the baby under my sister's care because me and my husband is living here in Canada. (PR status). Now the child is 2 years old, and thinking if we can bring him here in Canada. We got him birth certificate and passport and listed us to be his legal parents because since born, we act as a parents for him. We support him financially, doing skype every night before sleep, just like a mother-father-daughter relationship. And we are so happy and contented that now he knows how to speak calling us mom and dad. Even though we are here in Canada, and our child is in the Philippines, we always have time for him to say hi and hello. We didn't see him yet in personal because we have no chance to go back in Philippines because of our job. But this year, we were going back home to see and hug my only one child but after that, were planning to bring him here in Canada. Do you think I could apply him under Child - Family sponsorship? Thank's for your answer.
Have you gone through the process of officially adopting the child? It's not enough to be listed as the child's legal guardians. You must officially adopt the child before you can sponsor the child for PR.

Reactions: Buletruck

Bebekoh31

Mar 16, 2018
Have you gone through the process of officially adopting the child? It's not enough to be listed as the child's legal guardians. You must officially adopt the child before you can sponsor the child for PR.
We did not do the adoption process because we consulted in an MLA, and he said since the child's family name is under our name since baby, and there's a letter coming from the mother that she wholeheartedly given us the baby, and he said also as long as we have a proof that we support the child in all aspects, we can apply him right away. So, i'm just wondering if we could do that or not.

Reactions: Kemuelsoria40

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We did not do the adoption process because we consulted in an MLA, and he said since the child's family name is under our name since baby, and there's a letter coming from the mother that she wholeheartedly given us the baby, and he said also as long as we have a proof that we support the child in all aspects, we can apply him right away. So, i'm just wondering if we could do that or not.
See response above. No - you cannot. You must legally adopt the child. Without a legal adoption - the sponsorship application has no chance of succeeding.

Kemuelsoria40

Apr 5, 2022
Hi,
I think we have the same situation.
Did you still sponsor your child?
Thank you!