+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child sponsorship - Question on AORs / emails

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Yes, both were submitted on the same day.

The electronic ones don't have a physical signature, but when you get to the end you still have to "sign" them, and yes, you put your own name, not your child's. (Everywhere the principal applicant would sign, you place your own name and "signature")
Thank you, This really help!

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Yes, both were submitted on the same day.

The electronic ones don't have a physical signature, but when you get to the end you still have to "sign" them, and yes, you put your own name, not your child's. (Everywhere the principal applicant would sign, you place your own name and "signature")
When we upload photo, can we do in pdf format. under photo specification, it says upload in Jpeg or png. but, under supporting documents its pdf also.
what do you suggest?
And, we dont have any entry stamping on passport which shows their status in Canada and no study permit or school. what else can be shown as evidence of their status in canada? they are US citizens, can i just upload passport which was used to enter canada?

nishsan20

Jan 16, 2022
Hi, It seems you have sponsored your both kids alone. I am about to do same, sponsoring my two kids and have some questions, hope you can help me.
1. Imm1344e application to sponsor - As kids are minor, in place of applicant signature we should write our name instead of kids name?
2. Imm1344e application to sponsorThere is question under sponsor eligibility section "Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not bee made for the person being sponsored and their family member?". for first kid, It will be NO. but for the second kid, should we Yes or NO? as the first application submitted and pending this makes as YES .
3. Photos. asked to upload the scanned physical photo (Front and back). was it the same? it seems you sent photos again for PR card
4. IMM5481-sponsorship evaluation: In this doc, there is a section for number of family members included in undertakings. For first kid, we can say no previous undertakings. For second kid application, should we keep one as previous under taking which is yet to approve?
5. Do we need to upload any letter of explanation or support letter etc?
6. ANy other supporting documents apart from these - Sponsor PR card, employment source letter, Kids passport/ID card, Kids birth certificate, few Kids/parent photos, passport photo.
7. Now, forms IMM0008, 5406, 5669 are online where there is no signature field. Should we ignore in checklist where we need to check under signatures section as signed. all we have only IMM1344 where we can fill form with signature.
please share the link if you already shared the details in this forum. otherwise, your response would be appreciated!
Is it required to submit IMM 1283 when sponsoring dependant child only ( 3yr old kid) ? As per guide, it says "Complete this form if you are sponsoring a dependent child who has a dependent child of their own. ". Is it safe to assume that this form is not required and IMM5481 would suffice ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is it required to submit IMM 1283 when sponsoring dependant child only ( 3yr old kid) ? As per guide, it says "Complete this form if you are sponsoring a dependent child who has a dependent child of their own. ". Is it safe to assume that this form is not required and IMM5481 would suffice ?
That's not "assuming", that's following the instructions.

If it says complete this form if situation X applies, then yes, it means you do not complete it if X does not apply.

That form is used in this case for dependents who have dependent children.

nishsan20

Jan 16, 2022
That's not "assuming", that's following the instructions.

If it says complete this form if situation X applies, then yes, it means you do not complete it if X does not apply.

That form is used in this case for dependents who have dependent children.
Thanks for clarifying.

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
If you are applying for your child who is just three years, IMM1283 is not required. This is needed when you are sponsoring someone (even your son) who has a kid of their own (not yours..).hope this helps.

nishsan20

Jan 16, 2022
Thanks for the response.
Can you please help with the below questions that I have?
1. Both parents are PR holders and live with the kid in Canada. Is it necessary to co-sign? In the IMM5482 guide, under the section 'Co-signer', it's mentioned that "If you are sponsoring a dependent child who does not have children of his or her own, you do not need a co-signer. ".
2. If not co-signed, is it necessary to fill 5406? However, this form is for non-accompanying parents which doesn't apply in this case.
How would I go about this process?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for the response.
Can you please help with the below questions that I have?
1. Both parents are PR holders and live with the kid in Canada. Is it necessary to co-sign? In the IMM5482 guide, under the section 'Co-signer', it's mentioned that "If you are sponsoring a dependent child who does not have children of his or her own, you do not need a co-signer. ".
2. If not co-signed, is it necessary to fill 5406? However, this form is for non-accompanying parents which doesn't apply in this case.
How would I go about this process?
1. You do not need a co-signer to sponsor your child.
2. You need to help your child (the PA) to fill his/her IMM 5406 and in that form, you need to put down yours and your spouse's information (as parents).

nishsan20

Jan 16, 2022
1. You do not need a co-signer to sponsor your child.
2. You need to help your child (the PA) to fill his/her IMM 5406 and in that form, you need to put down yours and your spouse's information (as parents).
Sorry, I mentioned the wrong form number in #2. Its IMM 5604 which I was looking at. I believe this is not applicable in my case but do I explain it in LoE for not filling it ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sorry, I mentioned the wrong form number in #2. Its IMM 5604 which I was looking at. I believe this is not applicable in my case but do I explain it in LoE for not filling it ?
Is that form even on the document checklist? You can sure include a letter to explain it. Since the whole family is in Canada already.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It is not applicable. If you wish, to be clear, include a short letter of explanation - you and spouse are living together in Canada and spouse will travel with the child (or whatever).

Reactions: nishsan20