+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Sponsorship Help

AG2022

Dec 27, 2022
Hello

My wife is PR and has been here since June 2023. We now want to sponsor her daughter. Im going to be doing the application myself this time instead of using a lawyer as the costs have ballooned significantly. Can anyone help clarify a few things? Country of origin is Philippines. Much appreciated!

1. Her daughter was listed on her sponsor application as is standard and completed a medical already. im assuming this is valid for a time period?
2. Can we begin the sponsor process before the daughter has passport in hand while its processing still? Just using the birth certificate etc etc for now? we want to start right away but the passport process is lengthy.
3. Who should be applicant sponsor, myself or my wife?

Thanks for any help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello

My wife is PR and has been here since June 2023. We now want to sponsor her daughter. Im going to be doing the application myself this time instead of using a lawyer as the costs have ballooned significantly. Can anyone help clarify a few things? Country of origin is Philippines. Much appreciated!

1. Her daughter was listed on her sponsor application as is standard and completed a medical already. im assuming this is valid for a time period?
2. Can we begin the sponsor process before the daughter has passport in hand while its processing still? Just using the birth certificate etc etc for now? we want to start right away but the passport process is lengthy.
3. Who should be applicant sponsor, myself or my wife?

Thanks for any help!
1. Medical typically valid for one year, I.e. almost certain she'll need to re-do.
2. I believe you need the passport to start it. Check the instructions/see if others correct me.
3. Your wife.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Is the daughter your daughter or it’s from previously relationship?
Is she illegitimate child? Does your wife have full custody?