+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child sponsorship - Help

diegoamoreno1

Jan 13, 2017
Hi there!

I am sponsoring my dependent child, who is living in Canada. The application was submitted in March/2018 and we got the Sponsorship approval last June. Since this time, I did not hear anything from the Immigration office (mississauga office) until yesterday with a letter saying "Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office" in our home-country.

I would like to know whether this is fine or not? We are not sure about this!!!
We haven't got medical request, yet!

Why does the VO in mississagua transfer the file since the application was submitted in Canada and processed here after almost 10 months.

I really appreciate it whether you may give a clue.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there!

I am sponsoring my dependent child, who is living in Canada. The application was submitted in March/2018 and we got the Sponsorship approval last June. Since this time, I did not hear anything from the Immigration office (mississauga office) until yesterday with a letter saying "Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to the visa office" in our home-country.

I would like to know whether this is fine or not? We are not sure about this!!!
We haven't got medical request, yet!

Why does the VO in mississagua transfer the file since the application was submitted in Canada and processed here after almost 10 months.

I really appreciate it whether you may give a clue.

Thanks!
It does make sense that the application was transferred to the home country visa office. There is no inland processing for dependent child sponsorship. The file has to be processed through the home country VO.

10 months does seem like a bit of a long time - typically these applications are processed at around the 6 month mark for dependent children (although that varies from VO to VO). I would send a case specific inquire and/or order your GCMS notes to see what is up with the application.

If you are a PR, then I assume you have been living in Canada from the time the sponsorship application was submitted until now.

diegoamoreno1

Jan 13, 2017
Thank your so much for your reply.

Yes, I have been living in Canada from the time the sponsorship was submitted.

I'll put the inquiry to see what's happening.