+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child passport application

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have for my daughter Canadian passport in Jan 12, 2022, my daughter is born in Canada last year. WhileI was looking bat the checklist they mentioned that the original citizenship certificate has to be mailed with the application to the passport program office and the original certificate will be returned. Since my baby girl is born in Canada, we have the province issued birth certificate. I’m not sure if this is considered as citizenship certificate, as this was not mentioned in the required document checklist. I have sent the photo copy of province issued birth certificate with the application for passport, only after mailing the application to Quebec passport program office I got to know that I havemail the original birth certificate not the photo copy. I’m not sure if the application gets accepted or rejected, my application has reached the destination on Jan 13 2022. I have not heard back if it’s declined. Usually when an application gets declined due to missing documents they either ask for The documents or send back to the applicant. I did not get the response from passport office. Can anyone who was and is in the same boat tell me your experience.
Thank you