+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child overstay help

ElleSB

Dec 21, 2019
I came to the US from Jamaica on my mothers student visa at 5. She over stayed and I lost my status at 12 ( at literally no fault of my own ) I have no options in US to fix the decision she made & no family, no funds & nothing in the country I was born ( I don’t even remember it ). Is there anything I can do to get into Canada ? I don’t want to get thrown in a cage & sent back to a country I have nothing in because of what my parents did when I was younger. I’m currently 19. Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I came to the US from Jamaica on my mothers student visa at 5. She over stayed and I lost my status at 12 ( at literally no fault of my own ) I have no options in US to fix the decision she made & no family, no funds & nothing in the country I was born ( I don’t even remember it ). Is there anything I can do to get into Canada ? I don’t want to get thrown in a cage & sent back to a country I have nothing in because of what my parents did when I was younger. I’m currently 19. Please help.
Unfortunately Canada is not an option for you at this time.

Any sort of temporary visa (e.g. visitor visa, study permit, work permit) will not be approved due to your status in the US.

Your best bet is to apply to immigrate to Canada and become a PR. However you are too young to qualify. You will need to wait a number of years until you have finished additional schooling (the more the better), have several years of skilled work experience and have saved up the minimum funds required to settle yourself in Canada.