+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Medicals

Madzore

Mar 7, 2021
I have applied for my PR through my wife sponsorship. The sponsorship was approved and my daughter in Chicago has to do Medicals. The Mother is not co operating and I have forwarded my attempts to have my daughter go for Medicals. I finally had to drop my daughter’s application for PR and CIRCC continue to demand that my daughter have Medicals. They have given me an extra 60 days. I don’t know if anything different is going to happen. What are my options given this unattainable situation? They have given me a threat of denying my application if I can’t have the medical. If anybody has some help or know how Immigration will proceed. Thank you.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
U can send in a sign affidavits stating u have try to get your daughter medical done but her mom is Uncooperative and not willing to let her daughter get the medical done and with that in know u know u will not be able to sponsor her at a later time, u can also send communication between u and the mom discussing the issue

Madzore

Mar 7, 2021
U can send in a sign affidavits stating u have try to get your daughter medical done but her mom is Uncooperative and not willing to let her daughter get the medical done and with that in know u know u will not be able to sponsor her at a later time, u can also send communication between u and the mom discussing the issue
Thanks so much Chad for your informative reply. I however did submit an affidavit statement of my attempts to communicate with the Mom. She would not respond to my requests. Immigration Canada also asked whether I had parental rights over my daughter and shared custody. Which I told them I had none. Even when I lived in the USA I had no parental rights over my daughter. I have given them sworn statements on all these issues. I wish I knew what else they wanted me to do besides what I have already done. Thanks much.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Thanks so much Chad for your informative reply. I however did submit an affidavit statement of my attempts to communicate with the Mom. She would not respond to my requests. Immigration Canada also asked whether I had parental rights over my daughter and shared custody. Which I told them I had none. Even when I lived in the USA I had no parental rights over my daughter. I have given them sworn statements on all these issues. I wish I knew what else they wanted me to do besides what I have already done. Thanks much.
It seem like u have provide them with all the information require to satisfy they concern,

I would just send them another sign affidavits stating again that the mom have sole custody of the child an u don't have any parenting rights for the wellbeing of the child, and the mom is being Uncooperative for the child to get her medical done, with that in mind u know u will never be able to sponsor her in the future. Make them know u make all reasonable attempts to talk with the mom to get the medical done, that all I believe u can do now

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have applied for my PR through my wife sponsorship. The sponsorship was approved and my daughter in Chicago has to do Medicals. The Mother is not co operating and I have forwarded my attempts to have my daughter go for Medicals. I finally had to drop my daughter’s application for PR and CIRCC continue to demand that my daughter have Medicals. They have given me an extra 60 days. I don’t know if anything different is going to happen. What are my options given this unattainable situation? They have given me a threat of denying my application if I can’t have the medical. If anybody has some help or know how Immigration will proceed. Thank you.
Do you have any custody or visittion?

Madzore

Mar 7, 2021
No I don’t have any visitations OR parental rights over my daughter. Her Mom has full custody of my daughter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No I don’t have any visitations OR parental rights over my daughter. Her Mom has full custody of my daughter.
Did you already provide IRCC with the court documents that show your ex-spouse has sole custody?

Madzore

Mar 7, 2021
There was never any contest or dispute and therefore no court verdict in any jurisdiction as this was mutual. I was giving her money for child upkeep and paid school fees. Which I still do. We were never married so child custody was never an issue. She has had sole custody of the child from the time we lived apart.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There was never any contest or dispute and therefore no court verdict in any jurisdiction as this was mutual. I was giving her money for child upkeep and paid school fees. Which I still do. We were never married so child custody was never an issue. She has had sole custody of the child from the time we lived apart.
OK - so I think that is part of your problem.

What about any legal documentation to prove sole custody? Do you have that?

IRCC is looking for you to demonstrate legal sole custody. This would mean that sole custody was awarded to your ex by the courts or that you agreed to this through some legal means (e.g. working with family lawyers) and have the documents to prove this. If this never happened, then she doesn't really have sole custody.

You can try sending the evidence you already sent again. Not sure that's going to work however.

You may want to get help from a lawyer as well.