+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child from previous relationship

Crissy12

Oct 12, 2008
I am waiting on my husband's application for a permanent resident it is in process at the embassy in Ankara, Turkey and they also requested additional documents (a lot which were the same as initial application) and wondering if the fact that I have a child from a previous relationship make it harder for him to come here. I am worrying and wonder if there is anyone who has had success with a similar situation. Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it matters. If he does not have custody of the child and it's not coming with him, I don't know that they would care.

Crissy12

Oct 12, 2008
Just curious as to why they would ask for additional documents and a lot of them being the same as what they already had.

deedee1

Oct 12, 2008
Crissy12 I have been on other forums for Immigration and have read many of the same situation....they are asking for the same information and evidence people have already submitted. Just wonder sometimes if they want additional since application or if the originals have been misplaced somewhere.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Either they lost some of the documents or they are being bureaucratic asking for stuff by some checklist without checking what they already have.

Crissy12

Oct 12, 2008
Around the same time they asked for more documents it said on e-cas medical results have been received and I thought they said that when it was close to finalizing? I don't understand?

Crissy12

Oct 12, 2008
Doesn't matter anymore cuz my husband got called to day to come get his visa!!!! In total our timeline was 4 months and 9 days.

deedee1

Oct 12, 2008
Hi Crissy12 I will be going through Ankara also just wondering did your husband have a difficult interview or no interview at all.... thanks Dee

Crissy12

Oct 12, 2008
He did not have an interview they just asked him many questions about our relationship over the phone. Hope this is helpful. If you answer them well they won't ask for an interview.

deedee1

Oct 12, 2008
Thanks Crissy12 for your response. I dont see to many on these discussion forums going through Turkey its nice to see another.... Congratulations on your PR Dee