+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child custody documents and application

Azmin111

Nov 23, 2020
Hi advice from successful applicants who have child custody issues and got visas

I have the sole legal custody of my child. The custody order Indian family court gives visiting rights to my spouse once a month for two hours in family court complex .My question what documents are required to file my application for province and EE

Secondly, we are living separately and have not sought a divorce. Pls comment.

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
You will need all the court documents that your child is under your custody. Also a notarised letter from the child’s father stating that he has no objection for his child to get Canadian permanent residency and move to Canada with its mother. Also please know that if you are not divorced you will have to show your husband as a non accompanying dependant. He will have to have a medical and submit documents. Even if you are living apart. If there is legal notification such as court documents you can show those. But as far as I’m aware, if you’re not divorced he will be a non accompanying dependant.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Heygoaaa

Mar 4, 2024
You will need all the court documents that your child is under your custody. Also a notarised letter from the child’s father stating that he has no objection for his child to get Canadian permanent residency and move to Canada with its mother. Also please know that if you are not divorced you will have to show your husband as a non accompanying dependant. He will have to have a medical and submit documents. Even if you are living apart. If there is legal notification such as court documents you can show those. But as far as I’m aware, if you’re not divorced he will be a non accompanying dependant.
hi! Would you also share your suggestions in my case? I’m holding a Chinese passport, and gave birth to my child in Japan (this doesn’t make her a Japanese citizen, she’s holding Chinese passport as well) and we are living in Japan now
In this case, since “father” on her birth cert from Japan is blank, will I be asked to provide proof of sole custody of my child? It’s tricky since she’s not born in China and has been living in Japan.. I don’t even know which jurisdiction I should get the proof from.. it seems that there is no such legal process that would provide confirmation of sole custody in China… and the Canadian immigration advisor is not sure either.
Any help is greatly appreciated!