+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Care Tax Credit...Any Idea what happens if you are out of Canada???

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Posting my question again with more meaningful subject...pls help guys.

I got my PR 2010. I had landed in Canada in Oct 2010 and worked their for 11 months but had to come back after 11 months due to market situations. My company asked me to work from the home country for few months and than go back once they market gets better.
Now it has been 4 months already and I am stuck since my company does not have any good options for me so far. I am in IT.

My question is:

1) Is it make sense to leave the company and go to Canada again to find the job? or wait for another 3 - 4 months for the company to get me something in Canada.

2) While I am here I am getting Canada Ftp and Canada Pro...is it okay receive me as I am here or this is some kind of breach of any law?

I am married with 2 kids so taking decision is little difficult for me.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Regards,
AH

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AH said:

I got my PR 2010. I had landed in Canada in Oct 2010 and worked their for 11 months but had to come back after 11 months due to market situations. My company asked me to work from the home country for few months and than go back once they market gets better.
Now it has been 4 months already and I am stuck since my company does not have any good options for me so far. I am in IT.

My question is:

1) Is it make sense to leave the company and go to Canada again to find the job? or wait for another 3 - 4 months for the company to get me something in Canada.

2) While I am here I am getting Canada Ftp and Canada Pro...is it okay receive me as I am here or this is some kind of breach of any law?

Regards,
AH
You are collecting while your spouse and children are outside Canada? That is against the law.

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AH said:

My question is:

2) While I am here I am getting Canada Ftp and Canada Pro...is it okay to keep receiving child care tax for the time I am here in my home country or this is some kind of breach of any law?

Regards,
AH

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PMM,

So Please let me how do I deal with this it may be another 2 to 3 months since I can return to Canada and my family will follow after that.

Best Regards,
AH

Hi

You are collecting while your spouse and children are outside Canada? That is against the law.
[/quote]