Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
will the child be a born Canadian Citizen? or will we need to apply for immigration/citizenship?

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Based on what I've read from the CIC website and from replies I've gotten go my topic, citizenship by descent is granted to only the first generation born outside of Canada. So that means that if the father was born or was naturalized in Canada, then the child is also a Canadian citizen. However, if the father was also born outside of Canada and became a citizen by descent (because his parent(s) was/were (a) Canadian citizen(s)when he was born), then the child would not be a Canadian citizen.

However, if the father's parent(s) was employed by the federal or a provincial government or served in the Canadian military at the time of the father's birth, then the first generation rule would not apply to the child. This also applies to the father.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hawk39 said:
Based on what I've read from the CIC website and from replies I've gotten go my topic, citizenship by descent is granted to only the first generation born outside of Canada. So that means that if the father was born or was naturalized in Canada, then the child is also a Canadian citizen. However, if the father was also born outside of Canada and became a citizen by descent (because his parent(s) was/were (a) Canadian citizen(s)when he was born), then the child would not be a Canadian citizen.

However, if the father's parent(s) was employed by the federal or a provincial government or served in the Canadian military at the time of the father's birth, then the first generation rule would not apply to the child. This also applies to the father.
That's correct. To apply for proof of citizenship, look here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof-how.asp