NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Dear All

Hope you are doing well.Need your guidance on an important issue which just came across me and my wife.

We are PR card holders and PR was issued on May 20, 2016 when we landed in Canada. We stayed there for a week and came back to our country. We now must have to be there by May 25, 2019 so that we are in Canada for 730 days when our PR card geta renewed in 2021.

My wife is expecting a child in December 2018 and I don’t want to settle permanently in Canada before May 2019. So what should I do, will I be able to take my new child when we go to Canada in May 2019 or I need temporary Canadian visa/passport for new born and more importantly does CIC gives it easily. Is there any other way out.

Please assist. Looking forward to your usual cooperation.

Best regards
Fahad

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will need a TRV to bring your child to Canada. You can try applying for a TRP if the TRV is refused. No - CIC does not grant these visas easily. The visa may be approved or it may be refused - impossible for any of us to say.

If both the TRV and TRP are refused, you will have to travel to Canada alone ahead of the rest of your family to sponsor your child for PR (you can only sponsor your child for PR while living in Canada). You will then need to remain in Canada while your child's PR application is processed - which should take around six months. The problem with this plan is that by the time your child's PR is approved, your wife won't meet the residency requirement for keeping her PR status and this could cause issues when she enters Canada.

Nadks

Jun 9, 2021
Dear All

Hope you are doing well.Need your guidance on an important issue which just came across me and my wife.

We are PR card holders and PR was issued on May 20, 2016 when we landed in Canada. We stayed there for a week and came back to our country. We now must have to be there by May 25, 2019 so that we are in Canada for 730 days when our PR card geta renewed in 2021.

My wife is expecting a child in December 2018 and I don’t want to settle permanently in Canada before May 2019. So what should I do, will I be able to take my new child when we go to Canada in May 2019 or I need temporary Canadian visa/passport for new born and more importantly does CIC gives it easily. Is there any other way out.

Please assist. Looking forward to your usual cooperation.

Best regards
Fahad

Hi Fahad,

I had come across your inquiry regarding bringing your baby born outside to Canada as PR holders. I'm currently in the same situation and was wondering if you could share what steps you had taken or any suggestions of how to approach this situation?

I would highly appreciate your help.