+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born in Canada to PR Holder

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
I am wondering

1. how long it takes to get a new ppt for new born baby in Canada with a PR Card Holder
( i have read some website it takes 3 months to register a child before you can get a ppt. am just confused after getting birth certificate which ppt do i apply for baby as i would like to return as soon as possible, and what are the dissadvantages)
2. when a child is born in canada from a PR holder which ppt do we apply for? Canadian or Foreign ppt.
3. what type of benefits are available for children born in canada or out of canada in terms of child benefit etc and how much is the amount.)

Please any suggestions or ideas.

thanks.
Martha

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
martha marita said:
I am wondering

1. how long it takes to get a new ppt for new born baby in Canada with a PR Card Holder
( i have read some website it takes 3 months to register a child before you can get a ppt. am just confused after getting birth certificate which ppt do i apply for baby as i would like to return as soon as possible, and what are the dissadvantages)
2. when a child is born in canada from a PR holder which ppt do we apply for? Canadian or Foreign ppt.
3. what type of benefits are available for children born in canada or out of canada in terms of child benefit etc and how much is the amount.)

Please any suggestions or ideas.

1. 2 weeks if you submit the application in person.
2. You need the original birth certificate, which takes time to obtain. They prefer long form showing parents name.
3. The child is a Canadian citizen, so you apply for Canadian passport. They may have dual citizenship, but that depend on whether the parents country recognizes it.
4. They are entitled to Child Tax Credit, but must reside in Canada. You can look up the amount.

PMM

thanks.
Martha