+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born in Canada after application sent : dependent?

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
hello,

So.. I have just received a pre landing interviews appointment email.

We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at your next interview that has been scheduled for:

March 14th between 8:30 AM and 10:00 AM

at

1025 St-Jacques Street West

Montreal, QC H3C 1G8

In order to be admitted to the IRCC Montreal office, clients who have received a convocation letter must:

- Present their convocation letter AND;

- Provide all the original documents stated below.

Please note:

Ø If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you.

Ø If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.

Ø Only the following persons will be allowed admittance with the clients:

-Representative (lawyer, certified consultant OR accompanying person);

-Child/children OR dependent(s) if their presence is deemed necessary.

Representatives and accompanying persons must provide a piece of photo identification.

I gave birth after my application was sent. I did mention on my application that we were waiting for a baby and we provided the estimated date of birth too. After I got her birth certificate, I sent it to CIC by webform.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the birth certificate. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Question:
1. Is she a dependent on my application?
2. If yes, does it means that I have to bring her to the appointment?
3. Do I need to bring her photograph?
4. In other thread, I read that we actually need to send CIC an updated family information. Is this correct? What will happen if we don’t send the updated family form?

Thanks for your help

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
If child is already Canadian there should be no need to do anything as they are not a dependent and don't need to be added to the application. The birth certificate you sent should be more than enough.

Reactions: cdylie

cdylie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
G0x2k0
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
22-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
14-03-2018
If child is already Canadian there should be no need to do anything as they are not a dependent and don't need to be added to the application. The birth certificate you sent should be more than enough.

Thank you!

Malik.awan304

May 9, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
hello,

So.. I have just received a pre landing interviews appointment email.

We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at your next interview that has been scheduled for:

March 14th between 8:30 AM and 10:00 AM

at

1025 St-Jacques Street West

Montreal, QC H3C 1G8

In order to be admitted to the IRCC Montreal office, clients who have received a convocation letter must:

- Present their convocation letter AND;

- Provide all the original documents stated below.

Please note:

Ø If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you.

Ø If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.

Ø Only the following persons will be allowed admittance with the clients:

-Representative (lawyer, certified consultant OR accompanying person);

-Child/children OR dependent(s) if their presence is deemed necessary.

Representatives and accompanying persons must provide a piece of photo identification.

I gave birth after my application was sent. I did mention on my application that we were waiting for a baby and we provided the estimated date of birth too. After I got her birth certificate, I sent it to CIC by webform.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Congratulations on your new addition to the family.

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the birth certificate. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Question:
1. Is she a dependent on my application?
2. If yes, does it means that I have to bring her to the appointment?
3. Do I need to bring her photograph?
4. In other thread, I read that we actually need to send CIC an updated family information. Is this correct? What will happen if we don’t send the updated family form?

Thanks for your help
Hi, I hope you’re doing well. I’m facing similar situation like you. I have applied PR within Canada and having my landing interview on March 07. My baby due date is March 01 who will born in Canada. What Should I do now?

Please share your experience. Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi, I hope you’re doing well. I’m facing similar situation like you. I have applied PR within Canada and having my landing interview on March 07. My baby due date is March 01 who will born in Canada. What Should I do now?

Please share your experience. Thank you
1. Suggest you send a web form to delay the landing interview, it is quite likely you wouldn't be up to the interview so soon after the birth.

Malik.awan304

May 9, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks for the reply. Have I need to provide interviewer about the newborn baby. Baby will be born before interview.
could you please share your experience.How did you makeout at interview. Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Have I need to provide interviewer about the newborn baby. Baby will be born before interview.
could you please share your experience.How did you makeout at interview. Thank you
1. The baby will be a Canadian citizen, s/he doesn't appear anywhere in the application. You can take a copy of the birth certificate if you wish, but it isn't required.

Malik.awan304

May 9, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi

1. The baby will be a Canadian citizen, s/he doesn't appear anywhere in the application. You can take a copy of the birth certificate if you wish, but it isn't required.
Thank you for the reply. My baby was born on Feb29 and my interview is on March 7. I have to wait a month for birth certificate. It would not be possible to have birth certificate before interview. I’m wondering should I send web inquiry and tell them about the new born baby or wait till interview. If I’m going without certificate will it be a problem?

please share your interview experience when you gave two years ago. What did they ask you for the baby.I willbe very thankful to you.