+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child birth outside Canada for PR holding parents

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
Dear all, hope all good. I request some inputs regarding child birth expected Sep-2021 outside Canada.
I, my wife and our son are PR holders already. Due to Covid we are yet to relocate to Canada. We are expecting baby in Sep-2021. If we have baby birth outside Canada , I want to know how do I secure PR for the baby. Request your inputs for this. Thank you in advance. Stay well.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear all, hope all good. I request some inputs regarding child birth expected Sep-2021 outside Canada.
I, my wife and our son are PR holders already. Due to Covid we are yet to relocate to Canada. We are expecting baby in Sep-2021. If we have baby birth outside Canada , I want to know how do I secure PR for the baby. Request your inputs for this. Thank you in advance. Stay well.
You cannot "secure PR" for the baby. After you move back and live in Canada (hopefully you still meet RO then), you can apply to sponsor your new born child that's not a PR.

You may be able to get TRV or some said if that failed TRP for the child and travel back with him. (He will be a visitor while waiting for his waiting for the application of PR/sponsorship complete)

Reactions: Neil_t

sfy

Feb 22, 2021
You cannot "secure PR" for the baby. After you move back and live in Canada (hopefully you still meet RO then), you can apply to sponsor your new born child that's not a PR.

You may be able to get TRV or some said if that failed TRP for the child and travel back with him. (He will be a visitor while waiting for his waiting for the application of PR/sponsorship complete)
Do both parents need to move back to Canada in order to apply for PR for their new born child? and
How long will one have to reside in Canada before applying for the Family sponsorship for his/her child?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do both parents need to move back to Canada in order to apply for PR for their new born child? and
How long will one have to reside in Canada before applying for the Family sponsorship for his/her child?
Only 1 of the parents need to be in Canada and be the sponsor for this application. You can apply right away after you arrive but need to stay and live in Canada through out the process. I am not sure about income proof but I think savings count too. You just have to be able to show that you can support your child after he/she moved to Canada. Make sure that that parent meet the residency obligation (at least 730 days during the last five years after landing day)
There are many discussions on sponsoring dependents in the forum.
Take a look and get some more hands on information there.

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018

thank you for your reply.
I think I should better be based out of Canada before baby birth.
Will have to check if there are currently any inward travel restrictions from UK. Would anyone on this know about it ? Thanks again.