+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

child birth after visa

AFSHINNA

Dec 23, 2013
hello
me and my wife have received immigrant visa from ankara on nov26(2013) but on december5 our doughter was born . our visa will expire on mar28(2014). we informed ankara our changing family composition and ask them what furthre prosseccdure are required.but no answer until now, i want to know 1-can i send them her doc. to ankara myself?
2- if so what doc are required?
3-how can i aware them duration of our visa is short and we cant leave our daughter?
4-can we land and after that we sponser her
5-would it possible our visa would be cancelled because of our new depend?
thank you

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Did you informed prior your visa office at the time of pregnancy OR medical about this situation?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
AFSHINNA said:
hello
me and my wife have received immigrant visa from ankara on nov26(2013) but on december5 our doughter was born . our visa will expire on mar28(2014). we informed ankara our changing family composition and ask them what furthre prosseccdure are required.but no answer until now, i want to know 1-can i send them her doc. to ankara myself?
3-how can i aware them duration of our visa is short and we cant leave our daughter?
thank you
You can't land with your existing visa/COPR as your family composition has changed. You must raise an urgent Case Specific Enquiry to ask them for the next steps to take. Do not attempt to land. If you do, it may have serious consequences, including never being able to sponsor the new family member.

AFSHINNA

Dec 23, 2013
masood8 said:
Did you informed prior your visa office at the time of pregnancy OR medical about this situation?
No,because in that time all of lawyers told me peragnency is not a changing in family.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
AFSHINNA said:
No,because in that time all of lawyers told me peragnency is not a changing in family.
Brother your lawyers miss guided you. Its obvious that pregnancy mean a change in family. Anyways now you have to contact your VO about your current possition since u can't land canada in this situation it will be problematic.

hi-fi man

Star Member
Jan 8, 2011
each person is replying with different stories...!

i have read some where that YOUR CHILD CAN GET VISA ON ARRIVAL ( AT AIRPORT) - CANADA.

Please check it..m sure it is like this

Regards

hi-fi

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hi-fi man said:

i have read some where that YOUR CHILD CAN GET VISA ON ARRIVAL ( AT AIRPORT) - CANADA.

Regards

hi-fi
You heard wrong.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi-fi man said:

Regards

hi-fi
Absolutely not. Please don't provide bad information.

AFSHINNA

Dec 23, 2013
unfortunaitly no asnwer from ankara until now. I am so confused. some lawer tell, we can land and some of them tell,can't land . the last mail i have received about passport requesting for visa
notify that " YOU MUST INFORM US ABOUT CHANGING FAMILY COMPOSITION BEFOR LEAVE FOR CANADA " and also in some paper embassy gave me point that : you must inform us before using your visa.
but also say: your visa is valid if all of famaily member have been declared and examined!!!
okey i declare my changing family, what does mean examain exactly?
if means medical , we can do it without embassy mail and also backgraoun check and panel record for a infant is nonesense.
my freinds do you think me myself send her doc. to ankara whit a mail about our worry?
and do you know which forms are required?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
AFSHINNA said:
unfortunaitly no asnwer from ankara until now. I am so confused. some lawer tell, we can land and some of them tell,can't land . the last mail i have received about passport requesting for visa
notify that " YOU MUST INFORM US ABOUT CHANGING FAMILY COMPOSITION BEFOR LEAVE FOR CANADA " and also in some paper embassy gave me point that : you must inform us before using your visa.
but also say: your visa is valid if all of famaily member have been declared and examined!!!
if means medical , we can do it without embassy mail and also backgraoun check and panel record for a infant is nonesense.
my freinds do you think me myself send her doc. to ankara whit a mail about our worry?
I think you must wait for instructions. The procedure to add a new dependent is not publicly documented but is referred to in the "operational manuals". It may vary for each Visa Office, so you must wait to find out exactly what your Visa Office requires. Also, they will need to allocate a UCI for the new family member to tie up with the medicals. I don't think an upfront medical will be available to you at the moment.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
AFSHINNA said:
These instructions are the same thing. One says that you have to inform them of any changes in family composition before leaving for Canada or using your visa; and the other says that your visa is valid if all your family members have been declared and examined. Since your newborn has not been declared or examined, your visa is not valid if you arrive with them. If you arrive without them, CIC will likely not recognize them as part of your family for the future. Just like with yourselves, you can't take the initiative to declare and examine them on your own, you have to first declare them and then wait for the medical request.

I can't understand why you didn't tell them beforehand? I find it very hard to believe that a lawyer would tell you that you could just have a baby and show up with no record of it or visa, or that you would believe them.

freewilly

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
May 2013//Newborn's MR in Mar 2014
Med's Done....
28th May 2013///Newborn's MED done on 28 Mar 2014
Passport Req..
Sent on 10th Jan 2014// Newborns PP sent on 30th Mar 2014
AFSHINNA said:
hello
thank you
I have been in the same situation. Pregnancy is not considered change in family composition, you are NOT AT ALL supposed to inform them about pregnancy. However, you should shoot a mail to them about the new born. 1) yes you can send the docs on your own but thats only in case they do not respond to your mail when you inform them about the baby. (2) they will send you the list once you mail them. (3) They know that n they dont expect you to leave your daughter. Once you have a new family member, be it spouse or kid, your visa holds no validity, you are required to send back your visas n they would be restamped along with your daughter's.(4) NO. If you try to land that way, you would be sent back to your country from the port of entry. If you hide your daughter's birth n still are able to land, you will not be able to ever bring her to Canada. (5) answered. Hope that helps. N yes, apply for her passport immediately. I got one for my little one.,,,,

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
AFSHINNA said:
hello
thank you
Sir

Congratulations , may your child have a blessed life - Ameen

Submitt VO following;

1. Passport Of Child
2. Birth Certificate of Child
3. Processing Fee CAD 150/-
4. Update Forms ie Generic one and family composition
5. They will issue Visa within no time

Stay blessed

freewilly

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
May 2013//Newborn's MR in Mar 2014
Med's Done....
28th May 2013///Newborn's MED done on 28 Mar 2014
Passport Req..
Sent on 10th Jan 2014// Newborns PP sent on 30th Mar 2014
msaeed said:
Sir

Congratulations , may your child have a blessed life - Ameen

Submitt VO following;

1. Passport Of Child
2. Birth Certificate of Child
3. Processing Fee CAD 150/-
4. Update Forms ie Generic one and family composition
5. They will issue Visa within no time

Stay blessed
Won't they require the child's medical. please reply since mine is the same case.

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
AFSHINNA said:
Dear

Pls see below procedure as I did my medicals in April 2013 and my wife's x-ray delayed due to pregnancy. We got this letter from VO as follows. I am sure this contains answers to all your questions. Hope this helps you:

■ If you have already received your immigrant visas, please be informed that they are no longer valid once you have a new dependent. You should not attempt to use the visas to enter Canada, and must return both the passports and the IMM5292 forms (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) to our office. Once the visas are cancelled, we will return the passports.
■ If, however, the child is not yet born, no further procedure is required in relation to your immigration application so long as the child is to be born in Canada, since in general, a child born in Canada is a Canadian citizen. (This may not apply if at the time of the child's birth, one of the parents is in Canada with diplomatic status and the other parent is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident.)
■ Please note also that if the child's father or mother is a Canadian citizen, the child may also be a Canadian citizen. For more information please consult the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules-citizenship.asp If the child is born outside of Canada and is a Canadian citizen, please contact the Consular Service of the Embassy of Canada responsible for the country in which you reside in order to obtain a citizenship certificate and Canadian passport. A Canadian passport is the ONLY reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document available to Canadians for the purpose of international travel. Presenting other documents, such as a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, birth certificate, or foreign passport, instead of a Canadian passport, may lead to delays or being denied boarding by transport companies.
In order to add your child to your application, we require the following documents and information:

✔ fees required in the amount of 150$CAD

✔ 4 (four) identical and recent photographs of your child in accordance with the attached specifications;

the IMM0008 Generic form completed by you as principal applicant. You must indicate your child's eye colour and height (in centimetres). Please date and sign the form at the bottom of the last page.

✔ photocopy of your child's valid passport (do not include blank pages)

✔ photocopy of your child's birth certificate showing both parents' names

Please wait until you have all the documents assembled before sending them to us and return this letter with your reply. You must attach an official translation into English or French of any document not already in one or the other of these languages. You must submit all documents by mail only.

Your child will be required to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the form and instructions once we have received the documents listed above. If you have not yet done your medical examination, you may wait and do so at the same time as your child. If you have undergone the medical examination but the results expire soon, we will send a form for you as well.
Please note that we will add your child to your existing file and issue the medical instructions if all the required documents are received at this office within 3 months from the date of this letter or from the birth of your child.