cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Hi all

Me and my wife are fsw permanent residents . We will be moving canada and study to get a license to work as doctors which may take us 2 years if things go well ! We are planning to live from savings money + money given to us by our families . untill hopfully we could get into the system .

My question is could we apply for child benefits ? We would be submitting our taxes in first year or two as zero ( because we will have no income and we would be spending from our own money) so is it legal to apply for the benefits as a none income family?

Thanks for your help

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yup, just google search cra canada child benefit for the form and apply when you arrive here.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cooldoc80 said:
Me and my wife are fsw permanent residents . We will be moving canada and study to get a license to work as doctors which may take us 2 years if things go well ! We are planning to live from savings money + money given to us by our families . untill hopfully we could get into the system .

My question is could we apply for child benefits ? We would be submitting our taxes in first year or two as zero ( because we will have no income and we would be spending from our own money) so is it legal to apply for the benefits as a none income family?
Yes, you can apply. However, the amount you initially receive will be based on your income from your home country before entering Canada.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, you can apply. However, the amount you initially receive will be based on your income from your home country before entering Canada.
thanks for your reply , could you please let me know what do you mean ? for how longing they will continue on asessing our benefits based on my previous income , is it for a full year?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
pie_vancouver said:
Yup, just google search cra canada child benefit for the form and apply when you arrive here.
Thank steaky for your confirmation , but i'm really still confused till now ? when i read the new law of child benefits it says that it is created to support families with no-low income ,but for us we would be living a middle class life by spending from our savings , does this still entitles us legally to this money or it would be considered a scam by us ? I really want to be sure before i apply as i do not want to start my life in canada by lying

thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cooldoc80 said:
thanks for your reply , could you please let me know what do you mean ? for how longing they will continue on asessing our benefits based on my previous income , is it for a full year?
Have you read the CRA website? This information is clearly stated.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/ccb/menu-eng.html

Benefits are paid over a 12-month period from July of one year to June of the next year. Your benefit payments will be recalculated every July based on information from your income tax and benefit return from the previous year.