+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Benefit Arrears

jamilnasir

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi all,

I have been living in Canada since August 2018 as a permanent resident. I have recently filed my tax return & the child benefit application. I've been told that I will start getting child benefit from July 2019.

I was wondering if there would be any reimbursements for the time that I spent here before filing the tax return, ie August 2018 to April 2019. Am I going to get the amount for that period at all? If yes, would it be paid in full or is it going to be adjusted in the monthly payment that I am going to get from July?

Can anyone please explain how that works?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I have been living in Canada since August 2018 as a permanent resident. I have recently filed my tax return & the child benefit application. I've been told that I will start getting child benefit from July 2019.

I was wondering if there would be any reimbursements for the time that I spent here before filing the tax return, ie August 2018 to April 2019. Am I going to get the amount for that period at all? If yes, would it be paid in full or is it going to be adjusted in the monthly payment that I am going to get from July?

Can anyone please explain how that works?

Thanks
You should be paid in full for arrears. Did you submit the form to declare your previous income from before you came to Canada?