+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chidren on IMM 0008

VM-BASIC

Aug 17, 2010
Hiding in the bushes outside your house...
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 June 2011
Doc's Request.
More Police checks, 5 Nov 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2010 and again Oct 25 2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2012 at Cootes AB Woo Hoo
Hi all,
Am busy ploughing bthrough forms and vauge info from Immigration Canada, hoping someone here has a quick answer for me.

Background
I have one Daughter from my previous marriage. She hhas completed University, last May, has a job in UK and is in a serious relationship with a chap.

Situation
She has made it clear that she is getting on with her life in UK and has no desire to relocate to Canada at this time.

Question
Do I mention her on the IMM 0008 form even though she has told me the above?
If I fail to mention her, could she be de-barred in future?
If I mention her and point out she has no intention of coming will it muddle my application?
Will she need to go through the process, despite her statement listed above?

Any one been in similar situation , any heads up or advice most welcome.
Yours, bewilderdly

VM_BASIC

VM-BASIC

Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 June 2011
Doc's Request.
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Think I may have found the answer, buried deep in a paragraph in one of the guides I have been reading.
Seems that I MUST include her in forms anyway.
Sorry for asking Bone question.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How old is she? If she is 22 or older, she is not a dependent child any more and does not go on the IMM 0008. Same if she is living in a common law relationship with the guy for 12 months or more, then she is also not considered a dependent child any more.

If she is under 22 and not in a common law relationship, you must include her but you can list her as not accompanying. You should get her medicals if at all possible. If she flat out refuses, you would have to get her statement regarding that and then it should not affect your immigration. If she gets the medicals, she can be sponsored as a dependent child later as long as she is still under 22 at that time. If you include her as accompanying and she gets her PR and lands in Canada as a PR, she still would be able to live outside Canada for 3 years without losing it again due to residency requirements so that is also an option if there is a possibility she might change her mind.

VM-BASIC

Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 June 2011
Doc's Request.
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Hi Leon,
Many thanks for the clarification. Daughter is being very uncommunicative , and has been for over 12 monthss, not for me to say, however, I strongly suspect her mother, (Note lack of capitals to show disrespect) may well be influencing her actions. So I am not holding out any strong hopes here.
Still, time and healing and all that