+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chest xray

Hasrat123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Hello my medical is in 18th . Today i went to a lab foe regular checkup and found small white spots on my chest xray. However, i donot have any issue like cough ,jnfection or lung problem 1 Does it cause any problem ?
Should i delay my mwdical and take some medicine for this ?

Pls suggest

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello my medical is in 18th . Today i went to a lab foe regular checkup and found small white spots on my chest xray. However, i donot have any issue like cough ,jnfection or lung problem 1 Does it cause any problem ?
Should i delay my mwdical and take some medicine for this ?

Pls suggest
Nobody can diagnose your condition over a forum. Expect that you will likely need to do a sputum test and another x-ray 3 month later. You may need to do this regardless of what you do. Best to speak to your doctor about the results of your x-ray.

mm_martin

Nov 2, 2019
hello, im from Philippines. Just done PPD test in IOM. My xray is okay its just that I declare I have contact with PTD pt. Just want to ask who among here had the same experience? Ehat will gonna happen if ever the ppd test is positive? Im for Jan 2020 intake? Will the embassy require me to have medication? Would be affect my application?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello, im from Philippines. Just done PPD test in IOM. My xray is okay its just that I declare I have contact with PTD pt. Just want to ask who among here had the same experience? Ehat will gonna happen if ever the ppd test is positive? Im for Jan 2020 intake? Will the embassy require me to have medication? Would be affect my application?

Thank you
Hard to tell. You may have to do a sputum test if there is true concern that you have TB. At the worst you may have to delay admission but Canada doesn’t refuse people just because they TB. In those cases Canada makes you get treatment and pass another sputum culture and do another x-ray. In your case you will either have your medical approved or have to do a sputum culture. Sputum culture takes 3 months to grow so hopefully you won’t need to do this. If you do contact your college or university and explain that you need to defer to the next semester and why.

mm_martin

Nov 2, 2019
Hard to tell. You may have to do a sputum test if there is true concern that you have TB. At the worst you may have to delay admission but Canada doesn’t refuse people just because they TB. In those cases Canada makes you get treatment and pass another sputum culture and do another x-ray. In your case you will either have your medical approved or have to do a sputum culture. Sputum culture takes 3 months to grow so hopefully you won’t need to do this. If you do contact your college or university and explain that you need to defer to the next semester and why.

thank you for your answer :)